• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink's next Featured Auction Has Started Posting Books
17 17

1,664 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:
2 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Didnt Reece Comics sell a Cap 3 5.0 recently for $45k? If that sale went through then the one that sold for 32k was a bargain still.

how did the cap 1s perform ? 

I think they under performed, but wasn't surprised at all due to the multiple copies available within a short period of time.  

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, did your bottle of the barrel tracking bids managed to snagged a few winners here on the first day then?  hm

Nary a one. Someone came in over me.

i was really torn about throwing down and keeping the Cap 1 5.0. I just wasn’t sure how the glue on the spine would be perceived. (someone please tell me how these “small amounts of color touch” and “small amount of dried glue” books still get a blue label)To me, some amateur did a seal on a spine split. Even if that’s not the case, that’s how I would view it.

Still, It was hard to watch that one go. 

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

I thought the Detective 36 1.8 with taped up split and detached cover went for a strong price.

As for Cap 1 face it true believers the numbers don't lie. Correction, soft market, economy concerns, to many being offered at once or whatever it is Cap 1 is just not as strong as in last few years. 

When I look at my 401k after it takes a hit I think "man I'm glad I don't need the money now" same with my Cap 1. Still a quality comic so let's hold onto them and see where the future takes it.

20 minutes ago, lhcomics said:

I thought the Detective 36 1.8 with taped up split and detached cover went for a strong price.

As for Cap 1 face it true believers the numbers don't lie. Correction, soft market, economy concerns, to many being offered at once or whatever it is Cap 1 is just not as strong as in last few years. 

When I look at my 401k after it takes a hit I think "man I'm glad I don't need the money now" same with my Cap 1. Still a quality comic so let's hold onto them and see where the future takes it.

Any hard numbers on where the Caps hammered.  ?