• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink's next Featured Auction Has Started Posting Books
17 17

1,664 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Any hard numbers on where the Caps hammered.  ? 

The Cap 1s and Cap 3 final hammer prices are in this thread a page or two back.  In summary, the Cap 1s were soft, the Cap 3 was ok(6 x guide, or, and the Cap 46 7.5 was Ok at $25k.

Cap 1 7.5 went for 1.4 Guide

Cap 1 5.0 went for 1.5 Guide

Cap 3 5.0 went for 5 times Guide

Cap 46 7.5 went for 2.3 times Guide

Cap 46 has had such a price increase in recent guides that the multiplier may at first blush appear low, but I think its ok

7 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Most all comics taking hits it seems.

I don’t think it’s exclusive to CL.  Books in recent HA weekly auctions have been going low too, at least relative to the last 2 or 3 years.  Will be interesting to see how everything  closes  in their current event auction.

7 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
7 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Any hard numbers on where the Caps hammered.  ? 

The Cap 1s and Cap 3 final hammer prices are in this thread a page or two back.  In summary, the Cap 1s were soft, the Cap 3 was ok(6 x guide, or, and the Cap 46 7.5 was Ok at $25k.

All I can say is that Overstreet has clearly been understating and out of touch with respect to the market value of Cap 3 for several years now. :screwy:

Especially since this much in-demand book has continually sold for consistently huge multiples to guide in all condition grades across the entire condition spectrum, as compared to virtually all other GA super hero books.  hm

5 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:
6 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Right?

I remember 5 years ago you could get a 5.0 for $80k. ( which seemed crazy )   People were thinking that grade was double to triple only a few years ago. 

Would you just be referring to Mitch @Mmehdy with your comment here?  lol

5 hours ago, szav said:
13 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Most all comics taking hits it seems.

I don’t think it’s exclusive to CL.  Books in recent HA weekly auctions have been going low too, at least relative to the last 2 or 3 years.  Will be interesting to see how everything  closes  in their current event auction.

As others have already mentioned, I certainly don't think this current stock market volatility is helping the situation at all:

8 hours ago, lhcomics said:

When I look at my 401k after it takes a hit I think "man I'm glad I don't need the money now" same with my Cap 1. 

With the timing of these current auctions in light of the still rising coronavirus impact on the global equity markets, I would have to say that some are thinking "man I'm glad I don't need to bid on that book right now" since I don't know what's going to happen going forward.  hm  :sick:  

Then again, it makes me wonder what happened to all those buyers who said they simply can't wait for a downturn in prices so that they can finally afford to buy some of these books which had gone way past their purchase price point threshold?  :juggle:

20 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Then again, it makes me wonder what happened to all those buyers who said they simply can't wait for a downturn in prices so that they can finally afford to buy some of these books which had gone way past their purchase price point threshold?  :juggle:

I’m the third from the right

image.gif.e96432f61024fdb87eddc0d403e64ce3.gif

9 hours ago, lhcomics said:

I thought the Detective 36 1.8 with taped up split and detached cover went for a strong price.

As for Cap 1 face it true believers the numbers don't lie. Correction, soft market, economy concerns, to many being offered at once or whatever it is Cap 1 is just not as strong as in last few years. 

When I look at my 401k after it takes a hit I think "man I'm glad I don't need the money now" same with my Cap 1. Still a quality comic so let's hold onto them and see where the future takes it.

So true, not selling mine any time soon.

On 2/26/2020 at 8:07 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Cap 46 has had such a price increase in recent guides that the multiplier may at first blush appear low, but I think its ok

For reasons I cannot fathom, the Heritage Cap 1 7.0, at $132k(with the vig) is already doing better than the Clink ones

9E162C3A-B0BB-4669-B1A9-7C6B5F69C215.jpeg

5 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
On 2/26/2020 at 6:07 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

For reasons I cannot fathom, the Heritage Cap 1 7.0, at $132k(with the vig) is already doing better than the Clink ones

9E162C3A-B0BB-4669-B1A9-7C6B5F69C215.jpeg

Well, it is a signed copy after all if you take a closer look at the front cover.  lol

Not sure how your math is working anyways.  The CL 7.0 graded copy sold for $211K or a shade over 1.4X condition guide and the CL 5.0 graded copy sold for $100K or over 1.5X condition guide, while the HA 7.5 graded copy is still at only $132K with the juice or only at 1.05X condition guide.  (:

7 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, it is a signed copy after all if you take a closer look at the front cover.  lol

Not sure how your math is working anyways.  The CL 7.0 graded copy sold for $211K or a shade over 1.4X condition guide and the CL 5.0 graded copy sold for $100K or over 1.5X condition guide, while the HA 7.5 graded copy is still at only $132K with the juice or only at 1.05X condition guide.  (:

Whoops. Brain overload:boo: