• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink's next Featured Auction Has Started Posting Books
17 17

1,665 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, bpc3qh said:
  1. The Marvel #1 is currently at $50,000. Will be interested to see where it finishes--I'd predict somewhere in the mid six figures.
  2. For this auction, they've added a thumbnail to the "check your bids" page, and I don't like it. It's really limited how many books I can see per page.

I love the "thumbnails". Makes my brain have to work less. A little too big to be called thumbnails.

10 minutes ago, batman_fan said:
41 minutes ago, clarkkentdds said:

No. Those are not my books. I’m not selling...

(Not sure why they are being touted as #1 set.)
But I know the seller. Josh got a great consignment. 

You looking at trying to snag a few?

I wouldn't show my hand but if you are good luck to you. Some very nice copies available.

2 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

I wouldn't show my hand but if you are good luck to you. Some very nice copies available.

There are enough copies I don’t think anyone could figure out what you are chasing :bigsmile:

It will be interesting to see how high stuff goes.  Can the market continue to consume all the great books going up in auctions at top dollar prices.  So far, I would say not an issue.

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:
1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

don't expect anything to beat this either, just wow !

00116921696000113699510011.jpg

Pretty amazing copy

Looks more like happy anticipation on Robin's part with him up against the wall and 2 Batman approaching him this time, and both of them with lassos.  lol

Seriously though, an absolutely gorgeous copy and from the relatively harder to find 1951 time period for DC books.  (thumbsu

2 hours ago, clarkkentdds said:

No. Those are not my books. I’m not selling...

(Not sure why they are being touted as #1 set.)

So, are you saying that you are supposed to have the #1 Supes Registry set and CL is possibly stretching the truth a bit in terms of their hype for their consigned set?  hm

18 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

So, are you saying that you are supposed to have the #1 Supes Registry set and CL is possibly stretching the truth a bit in terms of their hype for their consigned set?  hm

Looks like Andy has the top Superman 1-714 set so technically a #1 Superman set.

20 minutes ago, damonwad said:

Some kudos for ComicLink.  Yesterday, I received my auction wins only 10 days after placing my bids.

In comparison, I received my winnings from 2 different CC auctions last year that each took about 6 weeks to arrive.

I always get my C-Link winnings extremely quickly. It's remarkable.

I too really like the images of previously bid on books.  I think it's a huge upgrade.  I only wish they would also let us click on the link and access the page with a larger scan. Although I can do that with recent bids, I cannot do it with the older ones.