• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink's next Featured Auction Has Started Posting Books
17 17

1,664 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

ComicLink has a Tec 38 7.5 in their next auction.

excerpt from item description

Capture.thumb.PNG.bd1baa1f8190b664a2002379851838de.PNG

The 8.0 has been listed on their exchange for months on end :makepoint:

So, I assume the seller is now more willing to sell it and toss the dice to see what it will truly go for, or is there a Reserve price set on this book here?  hm

20 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

So I’m probably reaching here lol, but it’s distinctly possible they mean by auction. Not saying I believe that, but it’s possible haha.

5 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:
On 1/20/2021 at 7:48 AM, Gotham Kid said:

So I’m probably reaching here lol, but it’s distinctly possible they mean by auction. Not saying I believe that, but it’s possible haha.

"hit the market" to me means become publicly available for purchase, regardless if at auction or fixed price format.

Edited by Gotham Kid

Definitely a nice winter auction. I've got like 40 or so books saved in my favorites. Curious to see what the Tomb of Dracula sole 9.9 will bring. I doubt it could be nicer than many of the 9.8's but I suppose the lure of a 9.9 will get some people very inspired. Wonder if theyre talking about it over in the Bronze Age section. 

7 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

Definitely a nice winter auction. I've got like 40 or so books saved in my favorites. Curious to see what the Tomb of Dracula sole 9.9 will bring. I doubt it could be nicer than many of the 9.8's but I suppose the lure of a 9.9 will get some people very inspired. Wonder if theyre talking about it over in the Bronze Age section. 

I doubt it'll beat the price the last time it sold, which was ~80k if I'm remembering correctly.

On 12/4/2020 at 5:20 PM, Gotham Kid said:

No.

"Elvis: That's the way it is" -> That's the greatest depiction.

That and the NBC Special. Production numbers aside, Greil Marcus called it "music that bleeds". I haven't seen a docu-movie about EP that I enjoyed much. TTWII is killer. That seems to be the documentary everyone is going back to. The 8cd STEREO re-release plus DVD's of the movie and outtakes is excellent. They muffed the first release and released the cd's in mono. Ooopsie. A 50th Anniversary TTWII box set was just released. Not much new in it but I took it anyway.

2 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

Oh, I didn't find any past results on it. 80 grand wow. I agree , I doubt hit will hit that mark again. 

The book sold for for $4,370 in October of 2005, per GPA, but I seem to remember there being an intervening sale.

11 hours ago, bpc3qh said:
18 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

Curious to see what the Tomb of Dracula sole 9.9 will bring. I doubt it could be nicer than many of the 9.8's but I suppose the lure of a 9.9 will get some people very inspired. Wonder if theyre talking about it over in the Bronze Age section. 

I doubt it'll beat the price the last time it sold, which was ~80k if I'm remembering correctly.

7 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

Oh, I didn't find any past results on it. 80 grand wow. I agree , I doubt hit will hit that mark again. 

There's a very obvious reason as to why you can't find any results as I believe you would be referring to this humongous record setting sale or more correctly NON-SALE for $85K in the August 2019 CL Featured Auction:

https://www.comiclink.com/error.asp?next=%2F.%2Fauctions%2Fdefault.asp

There was lots of talk about this sale at the time back on Page 9 of this thread here:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/453326-comiclinks-next-event-auction-has-started-posting-books/page/9/#comments

On 8/28/2019 at 8:51 PM, Gotham Kid said:

TOD 10 9.9 @ 85K and WW 1 8.0 @ 85K

On 8/28/2019 at 9:03 PM, batman_fan said:

folks, its official, we have jumped the shark tank

No doubt it was another one of these record setting auction results that was never ever completed by the so-called bidder or possibly another one of these whereby the consignor is simply trying to manipulate the price upwards to set the book up for a future sale.  hm  (shrug)

Sometimes it works as in the case of the CGC 9.8 TMNT 1 sale that supposedly set a record price of $90K in a very high profile auction sale when all previous sales were only in the mid to high $30K price range to that point in time.  Definitely worked that time as it instantly spiked the entire TMNT market into the stratosphere and in particular, the TMNT 1 market up above the $50K price point.  Not surprisingly, the exact same $90K copy was then flipped out successfully for $59K through a low profile non-auction Buy It Now sale several short months later.  hm  (tsk)

I believe the consignor for this TOD 10 is hoping that everybody will remember the $85K price point and then bid this book up to an even higher price point on this go round here.  All I can say is that if that had been an actual legit sale that went through for $85K back in 2019, don't you think that CL would be hying that result like crazy in this auction here?  :devil: