• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink's next Featured Auction Has Started Posting Books
17 17

1,664 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Sen 1 > AS 8 > WW 1 for me coverwise..  Still think Sensation 1 is underappreciated and undervalued compared to the two.  It's also the hardest to find out of the three with AS 8 being the easiest.

AS 8 > Sen 1 > WW 1 IMO.  I get it Sen 1 is the best book with the best cover and is the rarest of the 3 but first appearance is first appearance in my book 

10 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

No way me too! But seriously , no really seriously, I wonder if people do that for legal/liability reasons. For instance say there is a problem with shipping like it gets lost, this way the seller can say that the buyer agreed to the shipping carrier. For me it gives the impression they may send it media mail or something even though I know that is highly unlikely. 

To answer Mr LDarkseid's question I doubt it will selll for that asking price anytime soon. 

Truthfully the 6.5 on c-link was solidly superior to the eBay 6.5 copy. So I wouldn’t be surprised if it sits for a while.

52 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Peter, is Kurt Russell’s Elvis TV movie the greatest depiction of The King ever ?  

No.

"Elvis: That's the way it is" -> That's the greatest depiction.

Edited by Gotham Kid

47 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

AS 8 > Sen 1 > WW 1 IMO.  I get it Sen 1 is the best book with the best cover and is the rarest of the 3 but first appearance is first appearance in my book 

I know I’m in the minority but as far as pure aesthetics go, and putting aside her not being in the cover, I like the AS8 cover way more than WW1 or sensation 1.  Love the close up angle, and how they’re all sorta pushing forward to get a glimpse.  Not really a fan of HG Peter’s artwork either...

If only Wonder Woman was in that crystal ball they were hovering over.

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

I am a WW1 > S1 > AS8

Same here, in terms of cover preference. Does anyone know if the OA to those 3 covers exist ?

Edited by Gotham Kid

7 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

i feel like being in her own self titled book is a big deal for many people. sensation 1 lies in a strange netherworld between first appearance and first issue of ww. i also think ww1 is a better cover. i'd rather have ww1, personally. 

I’ve got the complete opposite opinion.  Don’t care much about self-title, Sensation cover is light years better than WW1, 2nd appearance (and story in AS8 continues here and most likely was originally planned for his book).  Sen1 is definitely he better book to me.

1 hour ago, RareHighGrade said:

I agree.  I know that the "CVA Exceptional" sticker gets a lot of grief on the Boards, but the fact is those books consistently present better than the assigned grades.

I agree and despite being an unpopular opinion, on the average a book that garners the CVA sticker tends to present nicer than other copies.

i know i'm in the GA section now, but to make a SA analogy, it's sort of like saying which book is cooler, ff50, the second surfer cover and third appearance, or silver surfer 1, his nine hundreth appearance and first cover of his own series. to me ss1 comes directly after ff48 in terms of desirability. it's a special thing when a character has a book named for them, imho. 

12 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

looking at the top scoring results, I can't get over how a Secret Wars 8 in 9.8 sells for $700/800 and a 10.0 just sold for $32K :screwy:

I’d understand the sale price if this were an 11.0. But it ain’t! :roflmao:

12 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

looking at the top scoring results, I can't get over how a Secret Wars 8 in 9.8 sells for $700/800 and a 10.0 just sold for $32K :screwy:

I think a normal 9.8 sells for about $400-$450. The double signed one sold for $605. Got to love the power of the gem mint though. I mean nothing new lol. Pretty sure if that cute little New Mutants 98 CGC 10.0 ever hits the auction block it will break or come extremely close to $100K.

6 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I think a normal 9.8 sells for about $400-$450. The double signed one sold for $605. Got to love the power of the gem mint though. I mean nothing new lol. Pretty sure if that cute little New Mutants 98 CGC 10.0 ever hits the auction block it will break or come extremely close to $100K.

It did ! And it sold for 15.5K

https://trendingpopculture.com/new-mutants-98-1st-deadpool-cgc-10-0-sells-for-15449/

Edited by Gotham Kid

1 minute ago, Gotham Kid said:

Oh yeah I definitely remember that sale from what feels like a million years ago lol. And since that sale, a 9.9 has sold for $23K at auction. Consider prior to that $23K sale, 9.9’s were selling in the $7K-$12K range on the average. I mean do the math, there’s like 10 9.9’s that can sell in the $20K range. That single 10.0 could be the first copper/modern book to break $100K.