• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink's next Featured Auction Has Started Posting Books
17 17

1,664 posts in this topic

On 12/3/2020 at 10:09 PM, walclark said:

Only $50?  ComicLink charged me $60 to ship one book.  It does seem excessive.  I don’t remember it ever being that much before.

I got charged $25 several months back, and then $39 a couple of months ago. They told me they will ONLY ship express from now on, and that the price has actually gone up to $60 minimum as of a month ago.

35 minutes ago, thewritestuff said:

I got charged $25 several months back, and then $39 a couple of months ago. They told me they will ONLY ship express from now on, and that the price has actually gone up to $60 minimum as of a month ago.

I just did a mock sale on their and I was able to do $20 shipping. Didn’t see anything about only express and $60.

On 12/5/2020 at 9:05 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

I got CVA on a book I just sold and it definitely helped. Here’s my Batman 232 9.6 sale on c-link compared to a 9.6 that just sold on eBay a week or so ago.

DE5A25B3-7B80-404B-AAB7-74B0F9A59C03.jpeg

924F5858-9C28-4DF2-B7F8-E710D1754E74.jpeg

More than likely it was the better page quality on yours that gave it that extra push in value, not the sticker.

49 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Spoke with CL. $50 to Conn. is minimum for books over $2k, $20 shipping under that. 

I was eyeing a couple things in this current auction. I called a few hours ago and spoke to the shipping manager. He told me $60 minimum if the value is over $2k...? ( I live about a two hour drive from CLink)

Edited by thewritestuff

1 hour ago, Timely said:

More than likely it was the better page quality on yours that gave it that extra push in value, not the sticker.

No I disagree. Once again, 9.6's don't sell for more than $1800-$2200 on the average and no matter the page quality. And truthfully no one really cares between Off-White to Off-White to White. It would have to be cream to Off-White to perfect white to really make that much of a difference. Here’s the last 4 sales and except for the recent one on the top, 2 of the other 3 had perfect white pages with the other off-white to white.

5DEE60AF-C712-449F-B958-C79389C86099.jpeg

Edited by LDarkseid1

1 hour ago, LDarkseid1 said:

No I disagree. Once again, 9.6's don't sell for more than $1800-$2200 on the average and no matter the page quality. And truthfully no one really cares between Off-White to Off-White to White. It would have to be cream to Off-White to perfect white to really make that much of a difference. Here’s the last 4 sales and except for the recent one on the top, 2 of the other 3 had perfect white pages with the other off-white to white.

5DEE60AF-C712-449F-B958-C79389C86099.jpeg

This CL auction has been very strong so that may be a factor too.  It's hard to isolate the sticker premium specifically. 

Edited by Northwest

1 hour ago, Northwest said:

This CL auction has been very strong so that may be a factor too. 

You can certainly say this when a book like this with another 35 copies graded higher than this copy here can sell for $2,911 or almost 4X condition guide: :whatthe:

00002150845000113722561001.jpg

At this price point relative to the grade, it makes the CGC 7.0 graded copy that sold for $5,520 at HA only a couple of weeks ago seem like a steal in comparison.  hm

1 hour ago, Northwest said:

This CL auction has been very strong so that may be a factor too.  It's hard to isolate the sticker premium specifically. 

Very possible. I know people prefer to believe the sticker does nothing so I get why everyone would point to everything under the sun as to why it wasn’t effective. And you or others may be right, not denying that. There was definitely a lot of strong sales in this auction.

46 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

There was definitely a lot of strong sales in this auction.

Although most board members thought the exact opposite would happen, virtually the entire comic book marketplace has been extraordinarly strong ever since the impact of the Coronavirus started up back in March of this year.  :sick:

Go figure that, as I assume it's a lot of people sitting at home on their computers with no where else to travel to or other things to spend their money on.  hm  (shrug) 

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Although most board members thought the exact opposite would happen, virtually the entire comic book marketplace has been extraordinarly strong ever since the impact of the Coronavirus started up back in March of this year.  :sick:

Go figure that, as I assume it's a lot of people sitting at home on their computers with no where else to travel to or other things to spend their money on.  hm  (shrug) 

And on top of that I know a lot of people have made serious bank with the stock market recovering. Can only surmise that’s played a role as well.

1 hour ago, LDarkseid1 said:

And on top of that I know a lot of people have made serious bank with the stock market recovering. Can only surmise that’s played a role as well.

Yes, especially the ones who didn't really need to make use of their stimulus checks and decided to throw it into the stock market.   :flipbait:

7 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

This isn’t how an 8.5 should look. 

FE876A8D-8095-47F6-A021-35B628A93AD1.png

Someone smarter than me want to find out if this was graded during the dark ages around 2011 when CGC didn't know GA from a hole in the ground?  Could be resubbed from then.