• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink's next Featured Auction Has Started Posting Books
17 17

1,664 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, clarkkentdds said:

Yes. I agree. The card people don't know what a snipe bid is... It's crazy exuberance. 1980s, 1990s, 2000s  PSA 10s are not that rare. "Chrome refractor"... I don't really know what that means.

It is almost like they are trying to do early bullying bids to clear a room, except that works better in live in person auctions, not remote ones. I am sorta glad CL does not use extended bidding right now, no clue how high some stuff would go in this auction. Pretty sure I will be buying some off the radar books if anything this round.

1 hour ago, Professor Chaos said:

That's a good dream. I wonder if CGC would encapsulate that Daisy cover. I suppose they would right? There is also an Action 12 and a few other Daisy covers up. 

I would think they would, not sure why they wouldn’t atleast. Also noticed the other covers. They’re all in beautiful condition. 

4 hours ago, IngelsFan said:

Anyone know the story with these Daisy covers? Is there a list of the covers that this find entailed?

I'd like to know that as well. I'm thinking they saved a copy of the books they advertised in but only kept the covers to save space. 

Edit: Afterthought - Daisy advertised on a lot of back covers. I believe many Timely's had Daisy ads. I don't know why they would save just a few in some file cabinet for 70 or 80 years unless most got tossed and these are the few survivors. And the ones on CL this month look very well preserved. What I'm saying is there could be someone out there sitting on hundreds of really sweet GA covers. Maybe this offering is just the beginning. 

Edited by Professor Chaos

On 2/12/2021 at 12:34 PM, ft88 said:

If sports (and non sports) cards are any indication, it's going to get worse for buyers before it gets better.  

Like what we saw the other week with Game Stop and AMC, all I can say is don't be the one caught without a seat to sit on when the music stops.  :tonofbricks:

8 hours ago, bpc3qh said:

Anybody wanna lend me ~$25,000 so I can win this copy of All-American 61? I promise I'll pay you back!

So, if you are asking for $25K, does this mean that you have an extra $10K - $15K of your own money to throw in for this copy here:  :bigsmile:

RAD8EAF220201113_141037.jpg

After all, a slightly lower graded copy sold for just over $30K at CC last summer or for over 3X condition guide and I don't see this sharp looking copy going any lower, especially since its got one of those CVA Exceptional stickers on it.   I guess we'll just have to wait and find out though.  hm  :taptaptap:

6 hours ago, lou_fine said:

So, if you are asking for $25K, does this mean that you have an extra $10K - $15K of your own money to throw in for this copy here:  :bigsmile:

RAD8EAF220201113_141037.jpg

After all, a slightly lower graded copy sold for just over $30K at CC last summer or for over 3X condition guide and I don't see this sharp looking copy going any lower, especially since its got one of those CVA Exceptional stickers on it.   I guess we'll just have to wait and find out though.  hm  :taptaptap:

Yeah, I'm willing to chip in the remaining ~15k or so that I think it'll take. I'm not that much of a mooch, after all.

3 hours ago, bpc3qh said:

Yeah, I'm willing to chip in the remaining ~15k or so that I think it'll take. I'm not that much of a mooch, after all.

Well, even if you are a mooch, at least you would be one with quality taste as clearly evident by that copy of AA 61 you are going after.  (thumbsu  :luhv:

42 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, even if you are a mooch, at least you would be one with quality taste as clearly evident by that copy of AA 61 you are going after.  (thumbsu  :luhv:

Oh isn't it absolutely gorgeous? I will actually be very interested in seeing what it finally brings in.

33 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

Oh isn't it absolutely gorgeous? I will actually be very interested in seeing what it finally brings in.

Oh yes, absolutely.................but sadly, clearly more than what both you and I are willing to spend on a comic book.  lol  :cloud9:

7 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Oh yes, absolutely.................but sadly, clearly more than what both you and I are willing to spend on a comic book.  lol  :cloud9:

Oh, for me it is 100% about ability, not need. So if any rich benefactors want to support me with a blank check, I will happily take it and bring this book home.

10 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

Oh, for me it is 100% about ability, not need. So if any rich benefactors want to support me with a blank check, I will happily take it and bring this book home.

55 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

I will actually be very interested in seeing what it finally brings in.

Since it's all in fun for us then, what's your best guess as to the final price for this gorgeous looking copy of AA 61 then?  hm