• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink's next Featured Auction Has Started Posting Books
17 17

1,664 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

The Spring Featured Auction has begun!  

Thanks. With the Promise collection I’m :wishluck: that a few I have my eye on might fly under the radar. Notice I’m not holding my breath. 

On 2/28/2021 at 11:02 AM, Randall Ries said:

I agree. The market is being driven by people who have too much money. I'll just stick to early bronze age DC and the occasional GA book. Books that are actually hard to find in high grade. Try to remember Marvel almost went belly up and there is still a flood of Marvel issues sitting around waiting to be graded and sold to the fleeceable. An owner of a storage unit facility I knew found a unit crammed with those things. He didn't know whether to toss them or keep them. At that time, they were useless. But there were tons of them. I imagine his is only one story to be told. You deep pocketed people are going to Beanie Baby the values into the ground.

.... you say that like it's a bad thing :baiting: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

1 hour ago, innocuous said:

There are a lot of books I would love to win in this auction. I just checked my bids...

image.thumb.png.452732531b08fea30ad3e8e790254783.png

I think you logged on to my account by accident ... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

11 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Everyone's gotta MANNUP on your bids! This is not for the faint of heart lol

For  me, it's either MANNUP :sumo: or just plain stupidity :screwy: because there's something I really want, that will be very expensive for me. I told my wife that since our oldest is graduating college this year, this comic is a no-brainer acquisition. Her response: :facepalm:

Possibly.. I think most bidders will be focused on the Promise Collection so I doubt there would be any "deals" at all in the HA Signature Auction.  I expect bidding to be fierce right off the start and of course towards the final minutes. So, unless you have armor on from head to toe with a huge amount of cash ammo to spend, then you may have a chance at winning a lot or two.

I think your best bet if you want to win something for a "decent price," which I don't even know what decent means anymore lol (previous auctions have shown strong prices this year) would be this current CL auction or the CC auction.  Everyone should just throw away any guide or price you have set out the window. 

4 hours ago, JimButlerGA said:

It’s a feature, not a bug. They force you to bid in order to be able to create a watched or tracked list. I try to be on the CL site as close to the start of an auction (always 8pm) as I can to be able to make the lowest bids possible and create my list.

And since they don't report sales to GPA, it's the only way to track sales from that venue.

5 hours ago, JimButlerGA said:

It’s a feature, not a bug. They force you to bid in order to be able to create a watched or tracked list. I try to be on the CL site as close to the start of an auction (always 8pm) as I can to be able to make the lowest bids possible and create my list.

That's basically what I do too.

On 5/19/2021 at 11:36 AM, Robot Man said:

With the “Promise Collection” coming up soon, anybody think there might be any deals available the the “other” auction houses auctions? 

$160k for a 4.0 Bat 1 with brittle pages ain't no deal, especially with 3 days left