• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you support any Patreons?
1 1

27 posts in this topic

I was wondering what Patreons people support - right now I'm following Jeremy Bastian (https://www.patreon.com/JeremyBastian/posts) and Artyom Trakhanov (https://www.patreon.com/ohotnig/posts). I like it because I feel like I'm supporting the artist directly and I see what my contribution is helping them to make.

Good topic!

I’ve really been enjoying Farel Dalrymple’s (The Wrenchies) Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/fareldal

The patreon per month is less than the cost of a comic, and he’s doing daily drawings all year you can buy for $20. He throws up other sketchbook type drawings for sale too. I bought this character the other day.

The other one I support is James Stokoe. He posts like once a month just a couple drawings, but if it means more Orc Stain at some point...:)

B6F48C3F-CD3A-4865-82F8-190701527405.jpeg

3 minutes ago, skrilla1212 said:

Good topic!

I’ve really been enjoying Farel Dalrymple’s (The Wrenchies) Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/fareldal

The patreon per month is less than the cost of a comic, and he’s doing daily drawings all year you can buy for $20. He throws up other sketchbook type drawings for sale too. I bought this character the other day.

The other one I support is James Stokoe. He posts like once a month just a couple drawings, but if it means more Orc Stain at some point...:)

B6F48C3F-CD3A-4865-82F8-190701527405.jpeg

Thanks! I'm not familiar w Farel Dalrymple, I'm gonna go check him out

Here's my list: 

Davy Jones    $1 per month for January
Local to me (Houston) cartoonist for Charmy's Army

Richard Cox   $2 per month for January
NC cartoonist doing his own strip - Highjump

Ross Pearsall $1 per month for January
Does one of the best comic blogs on the internet - SuperTeam Family

Steve Lightle  $1 per month for January
Former Legion and Flash artist creating his own story - Justin Zane.

Yale Stewart   $2 per month for January
Creator of JL8, the JLA heroes as 8 year olds. Wonderful strip. Almost 350 episodes. Now working on his own story.

Steve Conley $2 per month for February*
The creator of The Middle Age found on WebToon and GoComics.

Katie Cook     $1 per month for January
Famous for Gronk, MLP, and now Nothing Special which is quite special

Joe Eisma      $1 per month for January
Hoping and praying for Morning Glories to restart.

Bill Willingham $1 per month for February*
I like his writing, but the Patreon is pretty silent. :(

J.V. Jones       $1 per month for January
Love her writing. She has a terrific fantasy series, Sword of Shadows series, that was  on hiatus for a long time because of tough life events, but she's back to writing and I really like what she has shown.

Colleen Doran $3 per month for February*
A creator that I really enjoy. I support her hoping that she'll be able to finish A Distant Soil before I pass away and complete the (re) collection of it in remastered TBP. She's making progress. Surprisingly, I really enjoy the essays that she puts on her Patreon. They are easily worth the paltry amount I pay.

Grim Wilkins    $2 per month for January
A creator that I found on Kickstarter and decided to support. Mirenda - a wordless story - is where I started with him.

Jeremy Bastian $5 per month for January
Jeremy's Cursed Pirate Girl is astounding. I support him because I want more and I hate having artists starve before they finish their stories!

I also support Nick Pitarra, but he's suspended his because he doesn't have time for it now.

Edited by alxjhnsn

I have been giving Dave Sim a few bucks a month for a while now. He has updates but I really am not interested in most of them as he only writes a few himself. It is whatever at this point; he seems like he really needs the money and I loved that durn book back in the day so he gets a few semolians,

Not directly but I do support Yeet Presents, a small comic book published every month or so

Not comic book artist related but I also support Troy McDevitt who is an amazing sculptor.  He is currently doing a line of Hulk busts based on various Hulk artist and he is perfectly capturing the look of the artists.  

On 2/12/2020 at 8:47 PM, alxjhnsn said:

Here's my list: 

Davy Jones    $1 per month for January
Local to me (Houston) cartoonist for Charmy's Army

Richard Cox   $2 per month for January
NC cartoonist doing his own strip - Highjump

Ross Pearsall $1 per month for January
Does one of the best comic blogs on the internet - SuperTeam Family

Steve Lightle  $1 per month for January
Former Legion and Flash artist creating his own story - Justin Zane.

Yale Stewart   $2 per month for January
Creator of JL8, the JLA heroes as 8 year olds. Wonderful strip. Almost 350 episodes. Now working on his own story.

Steve Conley $2 per month for February*
The creator of The Middle Age found on WebToon and GoComics.

Katie Cook     $1 per month for January
Famous for Gronk, MLP, and now Nothing Special which is quite special

Joe Eisma      $1 per month for January
Hoping and praying for Morning Glories to restart.

Bill Willingham $1 per month for February*
I like his writing, but the Patreon is pretty silent. :(

J.V. Jones       $1 per month for January
Love her writing. She has a terrific fantasy series, Sword of Shadows series, that was  on hiatus for a long time because of tough life events, but she's back to writing and I really like what she has shown.

Colleen Doran $3 per month for February*
A creator that I really enjoy. I support her hoping that she'll be able to finish A Distant Soil before I pass away and complete the (re) collection of it in remastered TBP. She's making progress. Surprisingly, I really enjoy the essays that she puts on her Patreon. They are easily worth the paltry amount I pay.

Grim Wilkins    $2 per month for January
A creator that I found on Kickstarter and decided to support. Mirenda - a wordless story - is where I started with him.

Jeremy Bastian $5 per month for January
Jeremy's Cursed Pirate Girl is astounding. I support him because I want more and I hate having artists starve before they finish their stories!

I also support Nick Pitarra, but he's suspended his because he doesn't have time for it now.

I supported Bill Willingham for a while but he has a very short attention span. I stopped using Patreon all together. Then he started doing some great videos on working in comics. it did about 14 or 15 them his attention wondered and has been back.

On 4/9/2020 at 5:23 PM, Will_K said:

Adam Warren.  I just started.  A great talent.

https://www.patreon.com/adamwarren/

Just FYI-

Adam posts like 5 days a week.  A good mix of of sketches/prelims, life drawings (from print or online pics/reference), character designs, old convention sketches, spec projects.  And DiD (damsels in distress) drawings That kind of stuff.

At the higher ($10 and $20) tiers, you can make requests which Adam may or may not take on.  I haven't made a request so I can't say how often your wish would be granted.  These are digital drawings, so there's no opportunity to buy them.

Edited by Will_K

8 hours ago, williamhlawson said:

I've done the $100 tier for Jeremy Bastian for a few years now.  I had the opportunity presented within 5 minutes of posting about supporting artists, so I listened to the universe.  I got some really, really great reward art monthly (my fave 2 ok 3 posted), a print or bookmark and the like monthly, etc.  I have for the last year just had him hold the reward ink work that arrived monthly (I miss them horribly however) in lieu of a future art consideration from a certain amazing series he does.  Dude rules.  His posts on P are fairly regular as well.

I got a sweet Swamp Thing from JB's patreon

j bastian swamp thing.jpg