• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you support any Patreons?
1 1

27 posts in this topic

I've been following the one for Zach Howard and Clara Meath. They have a weekly podcast with live inking and stories. Zach sends out of a gratis copy of his art book to a random patron if he cusses too many times in one episode. I received my book a couple of weeks ago.

https://www.patreon.com/theblacklistunderground

Screenshot 2021-08-03 082700.jpg

Edited by RBerman

I'm supporting the following comic related folks on Patreon at the moment:

• Bob McLeod -- he only has 11 Patrons and could probably use more support
  • Peter David -- I'm a longtime fan, but he doesn't seem to be posting too much recently
  • Ted Rall -- Somewhat controversial cartoonist and columnist.  Lots of content, but definitely not everyone's cup of tea.

I'm still reeling from the passing of Steve Lightle, who was active on Patreon for years.

Any recommendations for other 70's/80's/90's comics creators who deserve support?

I currently support a few folks on Patreon and have considered a few more. I support Jeremy Bastian, which is pretty clearly the best deal in town in my opinion, having gotten several original pieces that I adore. I also support Adam Hughes, Joshua Stephens(super indy-was local to Atlanta, now in St. Louis)  and Rich Tommaso (good friend, great comic artist doing his own anthology book with the support)  Others have posted cool stuff from Jeremy-here is one of mine.  

IMG_8887-001.jpg

I support Evan Dorkin and it's like a firehose of content; current work in progress, older pitches for animation work and comics projects, stories, some general musings. He has been very forthright about how much Patreon has helped him and his family out, and I'm happy to offer him the support for all the laughs he's given me over the years.

On 8/4/2021 at 3:35 PM, furthur said:

I currently support a few folks on Patreon and have considered a few more. I support Jeremy Bastian, which is pretty clearly the best deal in town in my opinion, having gotten several original pieces that I adore. I also support Adam Hughes, Joshua Stephens(super indy-was local to Atlanta, now in St. Louis)  and Rich Tommaso (good friend, great comic artist doing his own anthology book with the support)  Others have posted cool stuff from Jeremy-here is one of mine.  

IMG_8887-001.jpg

For me also J Bastian (amazing Patreon, but the best tiers are full). 
Kevin Huizenga (great!) and HEK Studio (not a success).