• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which non variant moderns do you feel are worth slabbing
1 1

26 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Timmay said:

Very common and can still get a 9.8 with it.

9.8 here we come!

By the way, I do wish to thank you all for your help. While I do buy modern books (I am subscribed to Detective and Saga for instance), I would not have known that they were worth something. I mean I had an idea of Saga to some extent but didn't know about tec 880 at all. And I thought I was doe for with my ASM 361. I will still keep them for myself, but I do like the idea of having them slabbed.

Edited by William-James88

Ok so here is my Detective Comics 880.

It is direct edition (not a huge surprise, I bought it in a comic shop, though I have no clue who else would sell this outside of those). And it looks freaken fantastic. I spotted some defects on my saga 1 and asm 361 (not stopping from a 9.8 from what I hear) but this one is perfect as far as I can tell.

EXCEPT...

I had it signed by Jock when I met him years ago. I knew I had met him but didn't remember if this book had come out by the time I met him or not. So that kind of sucks for CGC. Since I am keeping it for myself, I might go for the CBCS authentication service just to have it in a non green case with that nice number, since even though that service sounds wonky for potential buyers, in this case I know he signed it.

Surprised how good it looks knowing I lugged this around in a suitcase and handled it quite a bit at the show.

20200217_224405.jpg

1 hour ago, William-James88 said:

It is direct edition (not a huge surprise, I bought it in a comic shop, though I have no clue who else would sell this outside of those). And it looks freaken fantastic. I spotted some defects on my saga 1 and asm 361 (not stopping from a 9.8 from what I hear) but this one is perfect as far as I can tell.

EXCEPT...

I had it signed by Jock when I met him years ago. I knew I had met him but didn't remember if this book had come out by the time I met him or not. So that kind of sucks for CGC. Since I am keeping it for myself, I might go for the CBCS authentication service just to have it in a non green case with that nice number, since even though that service sounds wonky for potential buyers, in this case I know he signed it.

Surprised how good it looks knowing I lugged this around in a suitcase and handled it quite a bit at the show.

20200217_224405.jpg

Awesome! And great story :)

I was late back to the collecting game, more around 2014 for me. I know that Barnes and noble carried some newsstands, not any around me, or I checked and never saw any lol

but B&N was an outlet and one of the last to carry newsstands.

Glad to hear about you meeting Jock! 

11 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Awesome! And great story :)

I was late back to the collecting game, more around 2014 for me. I know that Barnes and noble carried some newsstands, not any around me, or I checked and never saw any lol

but B&N was an outlet and one of the last to carry newsstands.

Glad to hear about you meeting Jock! 

Thanks man! And yeah, there was lots of fun to be had at that meeting

Batman by Jock Comic Art

On 2/17/2020 at 11:02 PM, William-James88 said:

EXCEPT...

20200217_224405.jpg

What’s wrong with the Green Label?  Get another signature on the book and go for the Signature Qualified grade.  The Yellow Label looks great with a green trim. If it comes back high grade with a witnessed signature, the unwitnessed Jock signature will be a bonus for collectors!👍🏽