• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you prefer the grade or the appearance of the book?

29 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, The Lions Den said:

It's refreshing to hear you say this...

Thanks,

also I have always been saying this lol> I generally like the sentimental value, eye appeal and cool story of its history over the numerical grade... Hence why my collection is full from purple, green low to high to other guys slabs its the books I am after I only like the slab for protection of valuable books that I know I will mishandle lol... dont want to drop my new AF15 without some protection lol 

4 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

Thanks,

also I have always been saying this lol> I generally like the sentimental value, eye appeal and cool story of its history over the numerical grade... Hence why my collection is full from purple, green low to high to other guys slabs its the books I am after I only like the slab for protection of valuable books that I know I will mishandle lol... dont want to drop my new AF15 without some protection lol 

If it makes you feel any better, I've seen an AF15 used as a fly swatter before...

Just now, The Lions Den said:

If it makes you feel any better, I've seen an AF15 used as a fly swatter before...

I hope it was a reprint....

Just now, The Lions Den said:

Nope, it wasn't... lol 

now I am sad.. 

but that explains all those stains on the cover... lol