• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question on Mazzucchelli Daredevil pages
1 1

18 posts in this topic

My understanding is that David Mazzucchelli has retained almost all of his original art from Batman Year one. But, what about his stint on Daredevil? The reason I ask is because I recently saw a page from the early part of his run up on eBay (Not "Born Again"), and was flabbergasted. Are they out there? Are they legit and not stolen? I don't know. Also, if they are out there (maybe via his inkers), what would the value be for a page with Daredevil actually doing something on it?

Edited by PhilipB2k17

Issues 232 and 233 are broken up and out there.

I believe there is another from the middle of the run which was released into the wild as a complete issue.

Lots of pages from non-BA issues are out there.

Edited by J.Sid

On 2/13/2020 at 5:23 PM, J.Sid said:

Issues 232 and 233 are broken up and out there.

I believe there is another from the middle of the run which was released into the wild as a complete issue.

Lots of pages from non-BA issues are out there.

Yes, #230 is complete and owned by a Boardie. 

Several non-BA pages from earlier in the run have turned up in recent years.  

Love the #214 cover, which I only recently realized was on CAF. (worship) 

I have the #208 cover, which is the most nostalgic Mazz art for me after the #227 cover (which I think he still owns AFAIK).  

Edited by delekkerste

41 minutes ago, J.Sid said:

There are at least two Born Again covers in collectors' hands.

Which ones?  Other than the TPB cover I wasn't aware of any others in the wild. 

Edited by delekkerste

In *I think* 2006, Spencer had this splash for *I think* $3000 (maybe it was 5K?) and it sat for quite some time.  He also had a few panel pages (mostly/all non costume) for around $1200 that sat as well.

dd-fire.jpg

Edited by dem1138

24 minutes ago, dem1138 said:

In *I think* 2006, Spencer had this splash for *I think* $3000 (maybe it was 5K?) and it sat for quite some time.  He also had a few panel pages (mostly/all non costume) for around $1200 that sat as well.

dd-fire.jpg

when I bought a panel page they were mostly listed for $900 and one was $300, so that is the one I got. I later sold it for a nice return and used the money to help take the family to Hawai'i. I miss it.

mazzucchelliDD.jpg 233 p 19

Edited by Bird

8 hours ago, Nexus said:

The "Armageddon" splash was open for offers. Starting at $15K. Which was a non-starter for everyone at that time.

A few years later, they accepted a lower offer. None of us thought to do that. A major regret. No do-overs, it's gone.

image.png.a6e32bf6dfda5cc1048ff295a8afa412.png

It definitely sat for sale for quite a long time and I am almost positive at some point there was a $10k price-tag on it. As Felix said, at the time that was stupid money....now you couldn't get a B+ panel page from the book for that price, assuming you can find someone who would sell.