• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Grade Mystery In Space 34 (Church Copy)

30 posts in this topic

Not the Edgar Church pedigree but bought from Mile High, right?

Book is from 1956 and I don't believe Edgar Church pedigree books go to 1956.

Regarding the grade, you need a bigger scan, the back cover and to take it out of the mylar, if you want a fairly accurate assesment.

The book was sold to me as the Church copy; apparently Church bought books up to and including 1956--though not every title. I bought the book from Gary Carter who, in turn, purchased it from Chuck Rozansky. At the same time I bought the MH copy of Detective 167 which I had certified by CGC a few months ago and it came back with the MH designation on the cover. I believe the MIS is also the Mile High copy though I plan to send it to CGC for verification in the next couple of months.

Can you post a larger scan and the BC? makepoint.gif

Regarding the grade, you need a bigger scan, the back cover and to take it out of the mylar, if you want a fairly accurate assesment.

The book was sold to me as the Church copy; apparently Church bought books up to and including 1956--though not every title. I bought the book from Gary Carter who, in turn, purchased it from Chuck Rozansky. At the same time I bought the MH copy of Detective 167 which I had certified by CGC a few months ago and it came back with the MH designation on the cover. I believe the MIS is also the Mile High copy though I plan to send it to CGC for verification in the next couple of months.

MysteryInSpace34.jpg

MysteryInSpace34.jpg

MysteryinSpaceBackCover.jpg Here's the back cover to Mystery in Space 34

Thanks SLR5

I don't think the back cover is going to drive the grade down any. There is a fair amount of abrasion on the LEBC but no worse than the problems on the FC. On the front there is abrasion on the spine at the top and bottom for about 1/2" each less than the back and I count 7 spine ticks. One problem area on the REFC in the middle. Overall this comic will return graced with a 8.0. If their being overly tough they will discount the abrasion more and render a 7.5 thumbsup2.gif

I noticed your using photobucket to store your images. One tip is don't upload any images that break their threshold for size. If it breaks their threshold it shrinks them too much. Get you images to a size you like then upload them. If you want any scanning tips to help you get the right size, just let me know. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hi,

Thanks for your upload wisdom. I was asked to enlarge the post picture. If I upload "regular" size, how can the viewer enlarge the photo from the boards. Do I have to make it larger before I post?

Thanks for your help!!!

When you scan them or manipulate them (say in Photoshop) you can say what "Size" you want the picture. The bigger the size the bigger KB it will take up, so then you have to reduce the quality some to get it under Photobucket's 250 KB limit. You might have to play around with it a few times, but once you find the right size you won't have a problem anymore.