• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Merchandising the great one
1 1

23 posts in this topic

I was at a local craft store and saw a display with all these little books on the shelf.  Some of these people are still alive !!  

Anyways, I got to thinking who might profit from the story of Stan.  Do you think  he has relatives or children who gave the green light to this book ?  

Maybe people are open season, dead or alive  (shrug)

Resized_20200209_101632.thumb.jpeg.bb0808065c35ff442f6f77957f8459d3.jpeg

Resized_20200209_101544.jpeg.2b16acc9acad92f4f5caf4e85ad38653.jpeg

thx totem.  I was thinking of Bill's "how does it feel to be the last person to post in a thread"  thread...…   lol

Edited by Senormac
cuz pac nw natams deserve our love too

Funny, my daughter checked out that book this week from the library for a book report (also got the Clara Barton one).  Except hers is titled "Who Is Stan Lee" and was published in 2014.  Same picture on the cover.

There's many of these types of books from the publisher, and it has a listing  in there of around 100 or so other books about various people. 

I'm sure we're doomed to see Stan's grin trotted out in every form of merchandising imaginable from here til eternity. They carted his carcass around like a cash cow when he was still alive, no reason they'd stop now that he's dead. I'm surprised they didn't offer photo ops with his coffin.