• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Punchline??? ..... Why?
1 1

27 posts in this topic

I've seen a lot of online commenters freaking out over Punchline for some reason. Given the amount of press and heads up that's been given, there is no way stores and dealers won't be flooded with extra copies. Might be a $15-20 book for a couple weeks. Watch I'm wrong and she's bigger than Harley.  The Artgerm variant for 94 out in May is kind of cool, but it's not on the first appearance. 

35 minutes ago, Rhymenoceros said:

I've seen a lot of online commenters freaking out over Punchline for some reason. Given the amount of press and heads up that's been given, there is no way stores and dealers won't be flooded with extra copies. Might be a $15-20 book for a couple weeks. Watch I'm wrong and she's bigger than Harley.  The Artgerm variant for 94 out in May is kind of cool, but it's not on the first appearance. 

I take it we are talking Freaking out in a good way. Unlike myself.:nyah:

Might be a good flip book for a little while. I don't see her catching on but I'm probably wrong par usual.

Looks like "Year of the Villain: Hell Arisen #3"  is the FA

Here I go buying a book I find to be off-putting to begin with....

"Eww I hate this.... I'll take five plz"

(:

Edited by Lurker89
Typo

4 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Nevermind Midtowns already out of stock I'm not putting in actual work for this drek.

just checked ebay.. yep $20-25 right now. That's what I get for not preordering when I had the chance ha :tonofbricks:  

Really though I never looked at it too seriously

Edited by Rhymenoceros

1 minute ago, Rhymenoceros said:

just checked ebay.. yep $20-25 right now. That's what I get for not preordering when I had the chance ha :tonofbricks:  

Really though I never looked at it too seriously

Yeah.... I mean I started a thread about how much I already hate the character.....

Looks like we missed the boat ..... But it's a plague ship I'll gladly miss.

Feel free to Necro this thread in a couple years when the book is $500 :kidaround:

12 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I take it we are talking Freaking out in a good way. Unlike myself.:nyah:

Might be a good flip book for a little while. I don't see her catching on but I'm probably wrong par usual.

Looks like "Year of the Villain: Hell Arisen #3"  is the FA

Here I go buying a book I find to be off-putting to begin with....

"Eww I hate this.... I'll take five plz"

(:

Apparently, Batman 89 is the First Appearance with Year of the Villain: Hell Arisen 3 being the First Full Appearance (as such things are designated).

Just now, Lurker89 said:

Yeah.... I mean I started a thread about how much I already hate the character.....

Looks like we missed the boat ..... But it's a plague ship I'll gladly miss.

Feel free to Necro this thread in a couple years when the book is $500 :kidaround:

Oh i completely agree. You just never know whether it's this week's flash in the pan or if a new character will catch on long term. The amount of press ahead of the release had me doubting it. It'll be interesting to see long term what happens. 

I'll admit, I thought the whole "Punchline" thing was ridiculous, but Batman 89 seems to be selling well.  Could be flash in the pan or could catch on long term; I think the former.

Oh, and how is it that Batman 89 going to a second print if the first print hasn't even been shipped yet?  Can't DC just print more copies? Is it a cash grab to get people to buy the second print?

22 minutes ago, an99 said:

Oh, and how is it that Batman 89 going to a second print if the first print hasn't even been shipped yet?  Can't DC just print more copies? Is it a cash grab to get people to buy the second print?

It's a good way to artificially increase the value of the first print.... Making sure it has a low print run thus manufacturing scarcity.

Edited by Lurker89
Typo

2 hours ago, an99 said:

yeah I saw this its already going as 2nd print... I guess DC is going to try to make value by trying to make first prints rare because of the low print run.. oh well might just pick up a 2nd print 

13 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

yeah I saw this its already going as 2nd print... I guess DC is going to try to make value by trying to make first prints rare because of the low print run.. oh well might just pick up a 2nd print 

You don't think you'll be able to get a copy at your LCS on the day of (Feb 19th)?

40 minutes ago, IbukiLord said:

I really like the Artgerm cover, think it's issue #94. Asked my LCS to order it once available.

Batman #89 is a cool cover so I'm glad I got mt order in for it because the prices on ebay are the region that I would never pay.

Yes, the Artgerm cover is great!  I'll be pre-ordering that one as well.

9 minutes ago, an99 said:

You don't think you'll be able to get a copy at your LCS on the day of (Feb 19th)?

no most of my LCS even the far ones away rarely order more than what they have for pull lists or regulars/ pre orders.. also they do online and run preorders out... 

11 minutes ago, an99 said:

do you have luck with aardvark comics?