• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing Spider-Man #4

19 posts in this topic

IMO, with only a pic of the front cover, that book is a GD- 1.8 (too many little pieces missing by the spine to be a GD 2.0, IMO).

Grading depends on what your plans are for the book, do you plan to sell the book or are you going to keep the book, want to be able to read/touch the book but preserve the book.

When it comes to Archival Storage a CGC slab does not offer any more protection than a 2 Mil Mylite and Acid Free Board, both need to stored in the proper conditions away from all light and heat sources in a controlled temp/humidity environment.

On eBay, on Jan. 5 a book in similar condition to yours sold for $314.91, on the same day a CGC GD 2.0 sold for $456.76.

Sorry I’m new to this so I’m not sure how to upload more pics. Wanted to show the spine tear too. I’d like to sell it. Do you think getting it graded would improve it’s value? How about pressing? Thanks in advance!

On 2/15/2020 at 1:58 PM, 1950's war comics said:

CGC 1.0  not worth grading on its own but if you had a batch of comics to send in it would be worth it , it would look great in the new CGC slab and would be preserved

Even if it is a 1.0 (I think it's likely a bit higher), it's worth approximately $300 according to GPA.

I don't think you're correct in saying it's "not worth grading on its own", unless he paid very close to that to begin with.

It could be a good candidate to sell raw, but I think you're just as likely to be steering the OP (who is new to this) wrong by saying it's not worth it. Just my 2c

2 hours ago, Foley said:

I don't think you're correct in saying it's "not worth grading on its own", unless he paid very close to that to begin with.

it would cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $80.00-90.00 to get just this one comic graded when you count the grading fees and paying for shipping both ways, that is why i think the comic by itself it would not be worth sending in ,,, 

now if there was a batch of comics to submit, thereby spreading out the handling fee/shipping cost per item , then it would be worth it

it might still be worth it to the owner to pay the  $80-$90 because it is a nice key and it would look really nice in the holder and be secure 

5 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

it would cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $80.00-90.00 to get just this one comic graded when you count the grading fees and paying for shipping both ways, that is why i think the comic by itself it would not be worth sending in ,,, 

now if there was a batch of comics to submit, thereby spreading out the handling fee/shipping cost per item , then it would be worth it

it might still be worth it to the owner to pay the  $80-$90 because it is a nice key and it would look really nice in the holder and be secure 

Doesn’t it depend on whether he’s going to submit it directly or through some facilitation service? The only time I have had some books graded it was handled by Nick at Comicana and shipping both ways from the UK was done for a large batch of books.
Of course I had to pay shipping to Italy, but I think that through facilitators it significantly reduces the costs – although clearly it’s always more convenient to send a number of books.