• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rob Liefeld just posted on Twitter that he won't sign any comics that carry the new Deadpool Label
1 1

72 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Volcano1991 said:

Why would CGC care what Rob thinks? It's not like he owns the character, he's just a hack who got lucky.

Probably got hurt with all the attention Todd was getting on his recent in house signing.  There was some rumors he was going to be the next guy in line for a similar signing.  He can kiss that goodbye if he is serious about this.

Edited by obsidian00

2 hours ago, Volcano1991 said:

Why would CGC care what Rob thinks? It's not like he owns the character, he's just a hack who got lucky.

With deadpool I agree. Fabian should get most of the credit as well as the later writers who fleshed out the character. I couldn't take looking at the cover art of nm98 anymore so I sold it. I have a much better deadpool comic to me written by rick remender, drawn by clayton crain and signed by Fabian. 

He has a point though - during the McFarlane signing, Todd announced that there were certain books that he would not sign despite him saying that he would sign any book featuring a character that he created.   What was the reason by the way that Todd would not sign these books? 

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/7862/

There is also an additional short list of books that Todd will not sign. These are listed below:

• Venom #1 Color Variant Cover
  • Venomverse #1 B&W Variant
  • Venomverse #1 Color
  • Venom #6 Color Variant Edition
  • Spawn Retailer

•  

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

What was the reason by the way that Todd would not sign these books? 

From what I remember it was because he didn't want to support the practice of the ridiculous ratio variants like 1:1000 and 1:2000 stuff.

The Spawn Retailer incentive was because these were given to the stores for free.