• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rob Liefeld just posted on Twitter that he won't sign any comics that carry the new Deadpool Label
1 1

72 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, I like pie said:

Couldn't you just not specify a label and then after it's signed, tell CGC you want the Deadpool one? Are they going to tell you no?

If Liefeld has sent CGC some sort of official statement regarding the Deadpool labels, I suspect that they will honor his wishes.

I don't work for CGC, though.

14 minutes ago, Ladic said:

Rob says he spoke with the CGC people over the phone and now he is no longer working in any capacity with CGC, he won't be doing any more witnessed signings of any kind for CGC.

That'll last MAYBE one convention....he'll see less people lining up for signatures & rush to have "another talk" with CGC lol 

43 minutes ago, Ladic said:

Rob says he spoke with the CGC people over the phone and now he is no longer working in any capacity with CGC, he won't be doing any more witnessed signings of any kind for CGC.

Rob.thumb.jpg.bac83444396cbd9c268d5e4e8020dc88.jpg

I have no idea (Rob was always nice when he kinda re-appeared on the con scene and had no lines and I would say hello) but is this about compensation? I have no idea about marketing but I DO know of many artists getting angry when they see their work used in ways that surprise them. Many of the ones I have spoken with (usually about foreign reprints but merch occasionally) automatically assume they are due compensation; I am not an artist but I have always worked with many people who did not read and/or understand their own contracts and rights. Could it be ignorance? (I wouldn't think so but not re-assured by the second tweet.)

To me Marvel seems looser with merchandising and licensing than DC but perhaps we should have expected this type of reaction? People posted celery bags with marvel on them this week, I have some resealable bags with them as well. It doesn't seem outrageous to think that someone might not like opening a package and seeing something they drew sitting there being used to sell it.

But this is all conjecture. And it isn't even Friday!

Edited by Bird
#FreeRobLiefeld