• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you could easily publish a book on OA / hold an OA exhibition...

20 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Rick2you2 said:

Nope. Secrets of the Cabal and Its Control over the Illuminati.

Then, I realized my life might be in danger even though I was no where near any Coronavirus outbreaks.

#RickDidntKillHimself :eek: :whatthe: :ohnoez: :fear:

23 hours ago, Matches_Malone said:

Toy packaging OA and  MTG OA

I’d be writing about and or exhibiting video game box art and/or pinball backglass art, probably to no one’s surprise.   

I like B Carter’s 80s indies answer as well as that probably holds the most interest for me inside of comics 

Edited by Bronty

56 minutes ago, BCarter27 said:

For my personal taste, I think I'd go with the indie explosion of the 80s. Turtles, obvs, but also all that was enabled because of it. The Crow, First Comics, etc. How that was tied to distribution changes, the expansion and collapse of the Direct Market. And what happened to some of that IP -- whether it lived on or not.

Relatedly, a goths/gothic exhibition would be somethin' else... Crow Sandman Vampi ToD Marvel/DC Horror et al...

Several:

1) I'd love to create a tribute to Sheldon Mayer of Scribbly and Sugar & Spike fame filled with text and a collection of variant covers to S&S 100 which has never been printed. DC got to 98 before Sheldon's eyes failed him (cataracts), decades later they printed a 99. Though Sheldon had successful cataract surgery and continued S&S for international publication, he never had an S&S #100. I've a few commissions that center on S&S 100. :)

2) I'd enjoy writing a comprehensive guide to collecting comic book original art. I'm maintaining a few FAQs - who knows.

Edited by alxjhnsn