• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In Kirby's Style?

9 posts in this topic

Steve Rude has an interesting minimalist version of Kirby.  He has an obvious respect for Kirby.  A key difference is Rude doesn't go "out of proportion" like Kirby tends to do, in my opinion.  How would that look if Rude's proportions did go a little wacky ?? 

I think Mike Royer is also open to commissions. 

Maybe get them to pencil and ink ??

Tom Scioli does a great Kirby.

Here's Tom's My Little Pony comic as Jack would have done it.image.png.3a9e02527a860d5e72d286c74291e164.png

Here's the one he did for me at the late, lamented Amazing! Houston Comic Con.
image.thumb.png.5b0109b6af85a5804e6afdc777873fea.png

He also has a very early series that you can get on Comixology called American Barbarian and a newer one called GØDLAND that both are clearly inspired by Jack.

On 2/15/2020 at 5:03 AM, Will_K said:

Steve Rude has an interesting minimalist version of Kirby.  He has an obvious respect for Kirby.  A key difference is Rude doesn't go "out of proportion" like Kirby tends to do, in my opinion.  How would that look if Rude's proportions did go a little wacky ?? 

I think Mike Royer is also open to commissions. 

Maybe get them to pencil and ink ??

He is, but currently working on pieces to bring to the San Diego Comic Fest in a few weeks. 

@thethedew I assist Mike with setting up recreation commissions- Send me a PM if you're interested :) 

Edited by MR SigS