• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FF48 ASM101 DD4
1 1

21 posts in this topic

Hello

This is my first attempt at selling so bare with me. And when I say first attempt, I mean after 20+ years of buying I'm selling for the first time. I've decieded to try to buy a big grail and I'd like to offset some of those costs with books I have multiples of. 

I don't have GPA so if I'm way out of line, shoot me a pm. 

Offers are welcome. 

Rules

No one on any bad guy lists. 

"I take it" in thread trumps PMs. 

Payment: PayPal, Checks and MO ok. 

Shipping: $10 for US. Will combine for multiple books.  $15 outside the US. 

Returns: 7 days from when it arrives. 

FF48 - $350 - sold. 

ASM silver age lot - $250

Daredevil #4  - $75 - sold

Pictures of details coming. 

Edited by KCOComics

The highlight of the lot is the spiderman 101. 

Let's call it a 3.5. 

The comic has great colors. It presents really well for the grade. The big issue is the top staple. It's popped. I said in the PGM thread that it wasn't popped, because the cover is attached firmly and doesn't show any give when you open it. But I don't want anyone to feel I'm misleading them because that staple is an issue. 

ASM 52 - G- 

ASM 53 G / VG

ASM 54 G/VG 

ASM 56 VG - always one of my favorite SA spidey covers. 

20200215_204223.jpg

20200215_204213.jpg

20200215_204023.jpg

20200215_203629.jpg

20200127_145229.jpg

DD 4 - 3.5 first purple man. $75.  SOLD

I bought this book from heritage like 17 years ago when they use to send those huge catalogs out.  After shipping and everything I think I spent $50 so it hasn't appreciated the way others have. 

In my opinion this is an under appreciated book. 

20200127_143606.jpg

Edited by KCOComics
Sold

Just now, KCOComics said:

DD 4 - 3.5 first purple man. $75. 

I bought this book from heritage like 17 years ago when they use to send those huge catalogs out.  After shipping and everything I think I spent $50 so it hasn't appreciated the way others have. 

20200127_143606.jpg

Take

3 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Fixed. (thumbsu

Hide contents

184266398_ScreenShot2020-02-17at7_44_47PM.thumb.png.bcd1c266353d8daa8239163273f41bd5.png

No no,  I actually keep a bear with me when I list comics.  

See,  now I'm in an awkward spot. If I fix it,  people won't understand your reference and the humor will be lost. 

If I keep it I will be exposed for my mediocre grasp of the English language. 

On 2/16/2020 at 4:59 AM, KCOComics said:

DD 4 - 3.5 first purple man. $75.  SOLD

It’s underappreciated for sure: in my opinion Killgrave is the finest Daredevil villain among the earlier issues. The further adventures where he appears are underappreciated as well.
Great grab Dave! :)

4 minutes ago, vaillant said:

It’s underappreciated for sure: in my opinion Killgrave is the finest Daredevil villain among the earlier issues. The further adventures where he appears are underappreciated as well.
Great grab Dave! :)

This is what I love about these boards, I learn so much from the long term collectors here.  The background you all give on some of these books and the characters makes reading them so much better!

23 minutes ago, Djohnson321 said:

This is what I love about these boards, I learn so much from the long term collectors here.  The background you all give on some of these books and the characters makes reading them so much better!

If one thinks about his powers, and also about Mr. Fear's powers, you can easily see how intriguing these two villains are as Daredevil's foes.
Not that the Owl or the original Gladiator are not, so to speak, but Mr. Fear and Killgrave have been underappreciated for sure.

«The Purple Man's body produces chemical pheromones which, when inhaled or absorbed through the skin, allow Killgrave to control others' actions, as long as he is physically present. These abilities can overwhelm most, but sufficiently strong-willed people, such as Doctor Doom and Kingpin, have been able to resist its influence, and Daredevil has been able to resist Killgrave as the powers rely on full sensory manipulation, Daredevil's blindness hindering the amount of input he receives and making it easier for him to resist what he picks up.» (from Wikipedia)

Edited by vaillant

15 minutes ago, vaillant said:

If one thinks about his powers, and also about Mr. Fear's powers, you can easily see how intriguing these two villains are as Daredevil's foes.
Not that the Owl or the original Gladiator are not, so to speak, but Mr. Fear and Killgrave have been underappreciated for sure.

«The Purple Man's body produces chemical pheromones which, when inhaled or absorbed through the skin, allow Killgrave to control others' actions, as long as he is physically present. These abilities can overwhelm most, but sufficiently strong-willed people, such as Doctor Doom and Kingpin, have been able to resist its influence, and Daredevil has been able to resist Killgrave as the powers rely on full sensory manipulation, Daredevil's blindness hindering the amount of input he receives and making it easier for him to resist what he picks up.» (from Wikipedia)

That's why I always loved this comic book. First, you have the DD yellow suit that's awesome! And then you have this really sophisticated villain that has always been under appreciated in my mind. 

It's a great comic to have.  Happy to pass it along to another collector. 

6 minutes ago, KCOComics said:

That's why I always loved this comic book. First, you have the DD yellow suit that's awesome! And then you have this really sophisticated villain that has always been under appreciated in my mind. 

It's a great comic to have.  Happy to pass it along to another collector. 

I do not collect Daredevil, but this has been among the first issues I decided to have (I had strong memories of buying it in italian as a teenager in the 1980s and was impressed by the unusual story). Also #6 (first Mr. Fear) and the first Gladiator. I have a coverless #3 for the Owl. :)
BTW, in italian they decided to go full red since the beginning, and this was the result (DD #4 also among the few I kept in italian edition):

6o3cGKM.jpg

Edited by vaillant

Although Daredevils early villains were all a force to be reckoned with in their own way , Kilgrave was always my favorite of the early batch early ( honorable mention to Gladiator) The Owl was more of a B level Kingpin who flew around like the vulture with wolverines claws ( what ?)  to me . Kilgrave was portrayed very well on Jessica Jones IMO. I’ve  always preferred the latter Daredevil foes from the Frank Miller ‘ ish era ...

9 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

Although Daredevils early villains were all a force to be reckoned with in their own way , Kilgrave was always my favorite of the early batch early ( honorable mention to Gladiator) The Owl was more of a B level Kingpin who flew around like the vulture with wolverines claws ( what ?)  to me . Kilgrave was portrayed very well on Jessica Jones IMO. I’ve  always preferred the latter Daredevil foes from the Frank Miller ‘ ish era ...

Spot on about the Owl, especially his character. My opinion is that Miller, however, twisted Daredevil too much. And he did not get at all the character of the Gladiator, which he turned into something other.
I never liked his acclaimed Daredevil much, I have partially read it as an adult but did not enjoy. Even if it was quite a departure as well, I preferred Ann Nocenti's tenure, at least to some point. Kingpin is sordid, you’d never have figured him betraying Vanessa, but with Typhoid Mary, Nocenti managed to make this work.
P.S. Apologies for the thread derailment, KCOComics!

Edited by vaillant