• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my Strange Tales #101

8 posts in this topic

This one's a tough one for me as I am wavering between two grades. I know you will help me nail it down. First off, 3 pieces missing front cover. The one on the bottom also has a tear extending an inch and a half upwards from the top of where the missing piece would be. The 2nd is in the top staple area and the next is trailing the Torch's flame. There is a small corner chip missing as well LRC. The back has a large dog ear that turns into a 1 inch tear at the bottom. It also has another smaller dog ear inside the larger dog ear. Thanks a lot for the help! Mark

st101.jpg

st101b.jpg

st101c.jpg

st101d.jpg

st101e.jpg

st101f.jpg

Wow...

Tough to grade.

Looks like FVF with 3 pieces out.

It could go from 3.0-5.0 depending on who's grading it.

Some folks really hate pieces out and will punish it but good.

I'd say 4.0.

I'd go with 3.5 because there is a little too much missing for a 4.0, but the book is not beaten up enough to be a 3.0

With one of those pieces missing, and all of it's other qualities, I might be able to go 4.0;

With two of those pieces missing, I'd lean towards a 3.5; confused-smiley-013.gif

But with 3 of those pieces missing . . . 3.0 sumo.gif

sorry.gif

Still a nice copy of a tough book thumbsup2.gif

With one of those pieces missing, and all of it's other qualities, I might be able to go 4.0;

With two of those pieces missing, I'd lean towards a 3.5; confused-smiley-013.gif

But with 3 of those pieces missing . . . 3.0 sumo.gif

sorry.gif

Still a nice copy of a tough book thumbsup2.gif

that's precisely what i was thinking. 3 significant chunks, plus the inch long tear, plus that mega BC crease, plus a little funkiness around the top staple BC and a decent amount of tanning. 3.0.

having said that, it looks much nicer than your typical 3.0 IMHO.............. grin.gif