• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay sold item glitch/bug

10 posts in this topic

I had an item sell last night on ebay and there's a strange glitch/bug going on with it. It sold with many bids to a fellow longtime member and with no reserve. The only place I can see the auction is under Unsold items, however it sold. No invoice can be made and the customer cannot pay me.  21 years on ebay and this is a new one.

Customer service tells me it's an issue on ebay's end but it will be 24-48 hours before their technical team will even look at it !?!   There are a handful of other people on ebay's support page having the same issue but it does not look widespread somehow.  

Anyone here ever been through something like this with ebay, and did it resolve? Frustrating to say the least. 

5 minutes ago, Rhymenoceros said:

I had an item sell last night on ebay and there's a strange glitch/bug going on with it. It sold with many bids to a fellow longtime member and with no reserve. The only place I can see the auction is under Unsold items, however it sold. No invoice can be made and the customer cannot pay me.  21 years on ebay and this is a new one.

Customer service tells me it's an issue on ebay's end but it will be 24-48 hours before their technical team will even look at it !?!   There are a handful of other people on ebay's support page having the same issue but it does not look widespread somehow.  

Anyone here ever been through something like this with ebay, and did it resolve? Frustrating to say the least. 

Happened to me years ago. I’d won the auction but never got the pay option. Seller contacted me asking if I was ever going to pay in a polite way and we both had to contact eBay to resolve the issue. Seller had to end up relisting but with the buy it now option at the price I’d won it for so I bought it that way. 
Last night I was watching a copy of marvel premiere 15 that ended somewhere around $90 with no reserve and 21 bids. Item ended up being relisted the same way at 99 cents so not sure if it was the seller’s doing or a glitch

11 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Happened to me this weekend as well. Thought the seller was trying to be shady but I did ended up paying him through PayPal. Wow, so now this is a thing? :facepalm:

I'm happy to hear its more widespread than I originally thought...  but yeah wtf is going on with Ebay?  

I haven't had this happen on items I've won, but have seen many items that I've lost on disappear, and not show up on my "didn't win" list.

I sold several items last night. With one of them, I received a paid notification via ebay email, and the item is paid in PayPal but on my selling page the "Send Invoice" button was showing instead of "Print Shipping Label". It also is not showing up as paid in my weekly tally, though it does show up as paid on the listing page itself.

4 minutes ago, Rhymenoceros said:

I'm happy to hear its more widespread than I originally thought...  but yeah wtf is going on with Ebay?  

If the “child” from customer service I spoke to about a week ago is any indication of the intelligence level over there, there’s your answer

On 2/17/2020 at 10:24 AM, Pontoon said:

I sold several items last night. With one of them, I received a paid notification via ebay email, and the item is paid in PayPal but on my selling page the "Send Invoice" button was showing instead of "Print Shipping Label". It also is not showing up as paid in my weekly tally, though it does show up as paid on the listing page itself.

I came here to report something similar.   An ebay item is BINd and a minute later I receive a slightly odd email from "Paypal" stating that payment was received.  However, ebay is showing it as "Awaiting Payment" and, of course, Paypal is showing no such transaction.   Clearly a scam.  Forwarded the payment to ebay's phishing inbox.   BTW, the supposed payment received email contained a link prefaced by this text: "Simply click the link below and complete PayPal's one-page registration form to claim your money:"

But here's my question - is the buyer ID possibly, actually legit, and has it perhaps been hijacked for use by a scammer?  The ebay ID has over 1,000 PFBs and was registered 17 years ago.  Was thinking of posting the ID with a "block this buyer" warning, but having second thoughts about whether someone's good name is being dragged into the mud by a scammer.  Probably will call ebay to discuss with them further.  If the ID hasn't been hijacked, I don't want to do business with this "buyer" even if a real payment is belatedly received.

Thoughts?

Something similar happened to me back in 2016.  I won something from the Netherlands also at auction.  PayPal sent out notification of payment but eBay did not.  Seller thought it was a scam at first.  I really wanted the piece as it was hard to come by (Wooden Lego toy from before the time Lego made plastic bricks).  Eventually it was sorted out.  It is annoying to see though that they still have not resolved the issue.