• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The day the little guy beat the Donnely Brothers
1 1

20 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, AnkurJ said:

Awesome cover! Congrats! Great story to boot!

Thank you! I was so broke that at work there was a part of me that hoped I would lose😳 When I saw that I won I was over the moon. It’s a very impressive cover design. Such an imagination. For the record Glen is a cool guy. Los Bros? Well I have nothing personal against them. But it didn’t suck to beat them out for this cover.

😇

3 hours ago, Bronty said:

not only the auction but the high bidder's ebay ID!   

The guy is uncanny. A little unnerving if I can be honest.

nah just kidding. Glen’s been doing his thing for awhile and become quite successful doing it.

14 hours ago, grapeape said:

... there was a part of me that hoped I would lose😳 When I saw that I won I was over the moon. I...

😇

I have experienced this many times ... and winning has always been pure elation. I always regret the pieces I don't get and almost never the ones I do. 

Great story - thanks for sharing!

On 2/22/2020 at 11:53 AM, batman_fan said:

Awesome story!  I had a similar experience with a heritage auction for a favorite cover. I was sitting in a fast food restaurant bidding off my cellphone for the first time during the live part. I figured it would hammer over 5k but I got it for just over $3k. Still have it :luhv:

C244F960-7176-4108-B667-E3A46E1C6D3C.jpeg

That’s a great cover and a heck of a price! I’m so glad you shared this.

I’d love to see and or hear any other cool acquisition stories from you all. If shared with art  pic all the better.