• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question regarding an reholder

5 posts in this topic

Over the years, the book has become a little wavy on the top and bottom. I think the waviness was caused by the inner well inside the slab. I want to get a reholder but I am a little afraid that CGC might want to have the book re-graded due to the waviness. What do you guys think?

Thank you. 

Edited by Lorne Malvo

I would agree with both posters, about the re holder, but I do remember a top discussing if there had been damage to the book in the slab and it goes for reholdering and CGC see's that that damage is apparent and would lower the grade compared to the books current grade that they would have to regrade the book... in this case though if they wanted to lower the grade I am sure you can get it pressed to maintain the 9.8... not sure if you could discuss it with CGC though to cover the pressing fee etc.. 

Edited by Krismusic
editing