• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the next age of comics?

48 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, justin said:

Seems like the Modern Age has been around for 30 years. Is there another age coming? Will it always be modern from here on? Thoughts?

The 2020s.  It just started.  The 2010s just ended. (thumbsu

On 2/18/2020 at 7:44 AM, valiantman said:

The 2020s.  It just started.  The 2010s just ended. (thumbsu

I would recommend the year 2000 to 2010's as the plastic age to celebrate CGC and Voldy influence on back issues. 2020's should be called '5G' due to influence of Jim Lee directing DC, and potential for younger generation to just stream or upload videos or comic pics on IG and Youtube or download comics online at a faster connection speed to smart phone or tablet.

10 hours ago, littledoom said:

Current Age or Diamond Age? .... the CEO of Diamond calls this the "diamond age" so there's that... I nominate "current" ... modern is so loose

I'm pretty sure the CEO of Sunglass Hut would call it the Sunglass Hut age. 

It's the 2020s.  We just finished the 2010s.  Nothing else will ever be an accepted name (in our lifetimes).

Yeah - it's weird me that the biggest book of the modern age - The Walking Dead # 1, is now 17 years old -- if it were a person it'd be graduating from high school this year.

And yet, by any definition the "modern" age started at least 10 years earlier, in 1993.

I bought a pile of Ultraverse books the other day. 

Absolutely bizarre to me that they are now:

• well over 25 years old
  • still considered "modern"

"Modern" (1993-2020) is now longer than the most generous definitions of the Silver Age and Bronze Age combined (1956-1982).

Edited by Gatsby77

3 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

Yeah - it's weird me that the biggest book of the modern age - The Walking Dead # 1, is now 17 years old -- if it were a person it'd be graduating from high school this year.

And yet, by any definition the "modern" age started at least 10 years earlier, in 1993.

I bought a pile of Ultraverse books the other day. 

Absolutely bizarre to me that they are now:

• well over 25 years old
  • still considered "modern"

"Modern" (1993-2020) is now longer than the most generous definitions of the Silver Age and Bronze Age combined (1956-1982).

Not by me. That still feels like Copper. I think the Copper Age ended in the later '90s, when Marvel cancelled and relaunched most of it's long running titles, Valiant was sold to Acclaim, and many of the other super-hero universes that launched in that decade (Milestone, Comic's Greatest World, Ultraverse, etc.) died out.