• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] FFF's Random Raws - The Return! Dave Stevens, AH, Shiny 90's Drek, Junque, and Etc
3 3

108 posts in this topic

Hello all! 

It's time for another one of these weird random threads! It's been a few months, so hopefully I remember all of the ins and outs. If I manage to miss something, please shoot me a PM before poofing the thread, much appreciated!

I recently did another cull of the collection, deciding that I really don't need to own more than two copies of any book. So, these are mostly the undercopies of stuff I collect, plus some other random weirdness I've picked up in the last few months. So we're mostly talking cheap-ish VF and VFNM stuff, nice placeholders for ya until a sharper book comes along. Most books are under $10, with the majority in the $2-$5 range. Just get 'em outta here!

I'm blasting out 2 short boxes worth of books. We'll start with a nice little stack of my Dave under-copies, then a couple of AH books, then a big chunk of shiny-colored metallic second prints from the good ol' 90's, and then it really is a random assortment of stuff. There's a couple of Linsner's, some Archies, some Blevins, some DC #1's, a couple of horror books. Just a little bit of all of the kinds of cheap stuff that tends to catch my eye.

i'm going to do my level best to get through a chunk of them today. I'll have to split around 3pm EST. Whatever is left I'll pick up again tomorrow AM probably around 10:30-11 EST.. But my intention is to have everything up within a c couple of days, invoices sent on Friday, and this thread all wrapped up by the weekend.

So, enough jawin', here's the rules:

1. No HOS or Probs

2. Paypal or Money Order.

No Venmo, Bitcoin, Monopoly money, Disney Dollars, etc.

3. Payment is due within a week of invoice being sent. Invoices will be sent within 24 hours of thread closing. I do plan on having this thread wrapped up in a day or two, so it'd be swell to have payments processed by the weekend if possible. That would make me smile. But if you need more time, we can work it out.

4. Refunds/Returns are cheerfully given if:

A. Book is damaged in transit, or,

B. I missed something in grading. I'm not perfect, and I was going cross-eyed by the time I was done scanning all of these books, so I may have missed things. I think you'll find I'm honest and very reasonable and easy to deal with. If I screwed up, i am happy to make it right.

However, no returns just because you decide you don't want the book anymore. These are cheap books, so I don't expect this to come up anyway.

5. Shipping is done via USPS.

1-2 books should be good to go 1st class in a flash mailer for $5. (can also ship priority for $8)

3+ books will go Priority, actual rate depending on the number of books. As an example, 3-10 (maybe a few more) should be able to go in a Region A box or a 1092/1095 combo for about $10 (potentially more expensive when shipping to the West coast from here), and 10-40 (or maybe a few more) should be able to go medium flat rate for about $13. Whatever the actual cost is, that's what you'll pay.

I'm not a fan of media rate, but will ship if Buyer takes full responsibility. 

6. International shipping - Happy to ship to our international boardies! Shipping will be actual cost, either first class international or priority, depending on the total weight. A couple of books can go first class pretty reasonably, but beyond that it's priority, and that can get expensive quick. So keep that in mind, as that could make these cheap books suddenly very expensive, and probably not worth the hassle. But if you want 'em, and want to pay for 'em, I'll get 'em to ya!

7. One of my Kudos threads is linked on my profile avatar thingie to your left. I have another one floating around out there as well, somewhere, but I hate the search feature so I'm not even going to try to find it. It's there, though, honest. I have been a registered boardie for 10 years now (11 this May!), and have sold tons of cheap books as well as pricey books here on the boards. I sell on eBay under the name mrbobdobbs, and have long been a top rated seller with a 100% positive feedback rating of over 6k. If you need more references, you can come by my parents' house for dinner one night. They're very fond of me and will be happy to tell you all about it. My wife...best to not ask her. I think my cats like me. Uh...that's about it.

8. In thread :takeit:  trumps all PM negotiations or conversations. It's fine if you want to close the deals anonymously via PM, but if someone takes the book in thread before I get around to reading your PM, they get the book.

9. I should be available to update the thread and answer PM's most of the day 8am to 5:00pm EST, but am not on often after that time, because I go home, and when I'm in my home, I sleep. Thread will be updated first thing the following morning.

10. Since these are generally cheap books, and there are a ton of them, I've only done front covers scans for most of them. I've done front and back for most of the pricier stuff. If you need a back cover scan or pics, I'm more than happy to send, just PM me. (Though note that the book is still available for sale until it is claimed in the thread, so if someone hits the :takeit: before I'm able to send the pics to you, it belongs to them.)

Ok, hopefully that covered it. Let's go!

Airboy 5 - around VF, has a noncolorbreaking small bend to the upper righthand corner, a couple of spine dings, etc. $5 SOLD! @Qtr milerocket

Spoiler

IMG_0148.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_0149.JPG

Edited by F For Fake

Cheval Noir 1 - It's a shame about this one, because the corners and spine are very nice, it's a sharp looking copy in the bag. But if has several indentations that look like someone pressed through a bag with a ballpoint pen or something. Wavy indentations. Don't really show up well in the scan, but they are there, my friend. So I have to unfortunately call it a VG/F that you can pretend is much nicer if you just look at it sideways and don't think about it very often.  It's the soup that eats like a meal! - $5 SOLD! @Qtr milerocket

Spoiler

IMG_0150.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_0151.JPG

Edited by F For Fake

Crossfire 12 - two copies, each right in that VF to VF+ corridor. $3 each SOLD! @Qtr milerocket

Spoiler

IMG_0152.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_0153.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_0154.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_0155.JPG

Edited by F For Fake

Crossfire and Rainbow #4 - We've got four of these.

A. VFNM

B VF+

C FINE tanning or dust shadow around back cover edge

D VF

$3 each, or take all four for $10 - ALL SOLD to @Qtr milerocket per PM

Spoiler

IMG_0158.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_0159.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_0160.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_0161.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_0162.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_0163.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_0156.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_0157.JPG

Edited by F For Fake

DNAgents 24 - ooh la la! 2 copies

A. VG lots of noncolorbreaking dents to cover $2 SOLD! Qtr Milerocket

B VG/F same but not as pronounced $4 SOLD! @Qtr milerocket

Spoiler

IMG_0164.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_0165.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_0166.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_0167.JPG

Edited by F For Fake

Jungle Comics - around FN with some noncolorbreaking lines $3 SOLD! @Qtr milerocket

Spoiler

IMG_0168.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_0169.JPG

Edited by F For Fake

Planet Comics 1 - VFNM to NM-, sharp flat and bright, it's a legit nice copy. Can send more pics if you like. $50 SOLD! @Lpgk

Spoiler

IMG_0170.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_0171.JPG

Edited by F For Fake

Three Dimensional Seduction of the Innocent - both right about VF, appear to have a roller/production line on the back cover. Not sure if that's common, I'd have to check my other copies. $5 each SOLD! @Qtr milerocket

Spoiler

IMG_0178.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_0179.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_0180.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_0181.JPG

Edited by F For Fake

Vanguard Illustrated - 1st Stargrazers. 

A NM- $5 SOLD! @Lpgk

B VF $4 SOLD! @oceans11

Spoiler

IMG_0182.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_0183.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_0184.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_0185.JPG

Edited by F For Fake

World of Wood 1 Around VF - again seems to have a production roller mark, otherwise would present as VFNM, nice looking book. Dave Stevens, tentacles, bondage, what's not to love? $5 SOLD! @Qtr milerocket

Spoiler

IMG_0186.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_0187.JPG

Edited by F For Fake

World of Wood 2

A Fine, crunch to the left righthand back cover $2 SOLD! Qtr Milerocket

B VF+ $4 SOLD! @Qtr milerocket

Spoiler

IMG_0188.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_0189.JPG