• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay International Standard Delivery Option
1 1

24 posts in this topic

I just noticed this shipping option pop up today, hadn't seen it before.  Does anyone have experience with it?

It seems to be a nice replacement for First Class International as it is cheaper(at least on this one shipping, $22 vs $25), gives up to $100 coverage and Shipping/Seller Protections that are not available using standadrd First Class International Mail when purchased through ebay

I do ship regularly through First Class International for lower $$ items(under $100) and rarely have had an issue over the years.  This option seems to make that process even better.

5 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:

@greggy You really need to change your avatar to

Confused

Took him two goes but he got there...

greggy.PNG.f42cbcd1f37b52b15e14a400c2627749.PNG

33 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:

I just noticed this shipping option pop up today, hadn't seen it before.  Does anyone have experience with it?

It seems to be a nice replacement for First Class International as it is cheaper(at least on this one shipping, $22 vs $25), gives up to $100 coverage and Shipping/Seller Protections that are not available using standadrd First Class International Mail when purchased through ebay

I do ship regularly through First Class International for lower $$ items(under $100) and rarely have had an issue over the years.  This option seems to make that process even better.

Anything that helps US sellers sell to the likes of us Englanders has to be a good thing. I'm tired of US sellers who insist on $50 boxed shipping for two comics. 

1 minute ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Anything that helps US sellers sell to the likes of us Englanders has to be a good thing. I'm tired of US sellers who insist on $50 boxed shipping for two comics. 

Shipping to UK has some of the highest USPS rates, most of Europe is mucho cheaperer.

Just now, GACollectibles said:

Shipping to UK has some of the highest USPS rates, most of Europe is mucho cheaperer.

Tell me about it. 

1 minute ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Tell me about it. 

1 minute ago, GACollectibles said:

I won the bet :bigsmile:

Just now, GACollectibles said:

Teddy Kgb GIF - Teddy Kgb Pay GIFs

:grin:

I remember the days of flat rate envelopes for $12 that sellers could cram 10 comics into sandwiched between thick card. But as Bucks Fizz once said, "Now those days are gone".

You'll probably have to look that one up. 

I don't ship international but I do buy international. Any time I find a good bulk lot of the old UK Marvel reprints from the UK I will try to win it. I'm always surprised how cheap the ebay global shipping program is as opposed to other options. I just had a 250 book lot of Mighty World of Marvels, shipped from the UK to Texas for $23. I had always heard how expensive it is, but on multiple occasions it has been much cheaper than other options. It's to the point now that when I'm buying bulk lots I ask if they can send it through the global shipping program.

32 minutes ago, boomtown said:

I don't ship international but I do buy international. Any time I find a good bulk lot of the old UK Marvel reprints from the UK I will try to win it. I'm always surprised how cheap the ebay global shipping program is as opposed to other options. I just had a 250 book lot of Mighty World of Marvels, shipped from the UK to Texas for $23. I had always heard how expensive it is, but on multiple occasions it has been much cheaper than other options. It's to the point now that when I'm buying bulk lots I ask if they can send it through the global shipping program.

In my experience the GSP seems to be based on charging duty on the value of a shipment rather than charging by weight, so is good value up to a certain price point....(thumbsu

1 minute ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

Countries don't charge duty 100% of the time. That is the biggest problem with the global shipping program.

Why are they charging every package for duty?

I'm not sure but I ran into an instance today where a buyer requested direct Priority Mail shipping rather than global shipping program and it still charged him duty tax.  Not sure why that happened.

44 minutes ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

Countries don't charge duty 100% of the time. That is the biggest problem with the global shipping program.

Why are they charging every package for duty?

Companies processing packages through Customs have to follow the regulations and can't exercise the same discretion in-house postal/customs facilitators do.   It's similar to crossing the border personally where your declaration to a border agent may result in them letting you go without paying duty/tax that should have been paid.

On 2/18/2020 at 3:59 PM, boomtown said:

After speaking on how much I liked the Global Shipping Program, this is how my package arrived from the UK!!! Not sure if it's the seller or ebay or my post office but someone has some explaining to do.

20200219_144259.thumb.jpg.9c85e6674b7218997ba52ffb032b7b58.jpg