• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Playboy Magazines - Show or Throw?

21 posts in this topic

On 2/18/2020 at 5:09 PM, christomm said:

We have a almost complete collection, excellent shape 1980 - 1989? Is it worth trying to sell or does anyone have a decent recommendation? We do have 3 of the top 5, from what I've seen. (Bo Derek 10, Jerry Seinfeld w/Various Models and Pamela Anderson and Dan Aykroyd)  

Look those up on ebay with the "sold listings" filter to see if they are wirth anything. It really is the easiest way to assess anything these days.

15 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

Double check this list

https://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/10-most-valuable-playboy-magazine-editions-of-all-time/85516055/

If you have nothing on here, probably a tough sell. 

Very interesting and educational...I didn't know some of the modern editions were so valuable. Thank you!  

i didn't click the link so not sure of the values but if your going to sell them you can try eBay or doing a thread here if the values are not in the thousands you might be able to get someone here to buy them even though you dont have much credibility from previous sales here. 

Not very easy to sell but particular issues might have particular fans in extremely high grade condition. I've been looking for the issues with Monique St Pierre (as Playmate November 1978, Playmate of the Year the following summer) but have not found anything close to "near mint" for I guess, expected reasons LOL

She was my first Playmate (teen years) and I have the HTF/higher value Kid Robot vinyl statue made of her 1978 cover. Over the years I've acquired the statues and flipped them for as much as $1k. 

Otherwise, the magazines were so widely spread during the peak times, and there are almost none in high grade because of both the lower quality paper (glossy look but thin!) and the way the books might have been "read." 

Good luck!

On 2/22/2020 at 1:19 PM, christomm said:

So, I do have 3 of the top 10 Playboys, in excellent condition. Can anyone tell me who to contact to try and sell?

Please keep in mind that "excellent" condition usually means "Fine" condition in the magazine world...at least, that's what it makes me think. And since Playboys have a lot of pages (and often added inserts such as subscription cards) it may be a good idea to double check the page count to make sure they're complete before attempting to sell them or have them slabbed...you never know.

From what I've heard, Heritage is one of the best places to sell Playboy magazines, but there's always eBay...

Edited by The Lions Den

On 2/26/2020 at 8:40 PM, Christopher Larkin said:

Not very easy to sell but particular issues might have particular fans in extremely high grade condition. I've been looking for the issues with Monique St Pierre (as Playmate November 1978, Playmate of the Year the following summer) but have not found anything close to "near mint" for I guess, expected reasons LOL

She was my first Playmate (teen years) and I have the HTF/higher value Kid Robot vinyl statue made of her 1978 cover. Over the years I've acquired the statues and flipped them for as much as $1k. 

Otherwise, the magazines were so widely spread during the peak times, and there are almost none in high grade because of both the lower quality paper (glossy look but thin!) and the way the books might have been "read." 

Good luck!

Did you find your November '78 Playboy?  We have one if interested.

On 6/2/2022 at 10:21 AM, Bye Jelly said:

That post is 2 years old and you're not allowed to conduct business like that in these threads 2c

Sez who? Are you going by your hours of board experiance or might you be the same fool who creates new id's on a weekly basis?