• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stans fault

57 posts in this topic

Sometime in the 70's I started to notice the commercialization of stuff.  Whereas when I used to need a soccer ball, I went and bought a soccer ball.  It might say VOIT on it or some other soccer ball manufacturers name.  Ok... that was good.  But then I started noticing that Spiderman or some Disney character was on the soccer balls and as time passed any number of comic characters could be found on any number of product.  TBH, I didn't like it.  But this has got to be the strangest I've ever come across.  I can't find any reason for Iron Man and Black Panther to be on this wrapper except the continued brainwashing of young people.  

Q?  Is this all Stans doing ? 

Resized_20200218_201654.thumb.jpeg.bcc8de479835281bebc3103da53c6960.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Senormac said:

Sometime in the 70's I started to notice the commercialization of stuff.  Whereas when I used to need a soccer ball, I went and bought a soccer ball.  It might say VOIT on it or some other soccer ball manufacturers name.  Ok... that was good.  But then I started noticing that Spiderman or some Disney character was on the soccer balls and as time passed any number of comic characters could be found on any number of product.  TBH, I didn't like it.  But this has got to be the strangest I've ever come across.  I can't find any reason for Iron Man and Black Panther to be on this wrapper except the continued brainwashing of young people.  

Yes.

Also, that glare causes a suspicious misreading...

5 minutes ago, Senormac said:

Did you just take that pic today? then no I wouldn't say it's Stan's fault, I do know that in any collaboration, they would have made it better!

Just now, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

I'm sure someone on eBay would make a fake miracle happen

Ya I didn't want to give those Ebay sellers publicity for the fake sigs... :(

shame, but anyway, I haven't seen that much marvel advertising lately on packaging, just the occasional TV ad on Saturday nights, although it's only been DC recently

ya all of my comments :jokealert: 

but I liked him on Facebook or his "handle" before he passed, they since haven't pushed too much through "his advertising", I was worried when he did go that it would be a circus :sorry: 

guys... guys... it's to tell us we need to eat our veggies and celery to be a super hero!!!! DUH>>>>!!!!! 

its just Disney's control of the markets and to ensure future markets stay relevant for their Marvel stuff for years to come... 

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Did you just take that pic today? then no I wouldn't say it's Stan's fault, I do know that in any collaboration, they would have made it better!

Last night.  

Maybe Disney owns DOLE also.  I wouldn't be surprised.  They should take over the cartel avocado farms.  They have more money for security than the cartels do  lol

9 minutes ago, Senormac said:

Last night.  

Maybe Disney owns DOLE also.  I wouldn't be surprised.  They should take over the cartel avocado farms.  They have more money for security than the cartels do  lol

I have seen a lot of Disney related things on Dole products so I am guessing there is a long time partnership there. 

http://www.dole.com/disney

https://www.doleliving.com/en/dole-disney/

Although the marketing department dropped the ball by not using Hulk for the Celery bag lol... and a slogan like " Eat Green.. Be Green... like Hulk!" 

trademark lol 

Edited by Krismusic