• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking For Old Comic Books We Forgot

4 posts in this topic

When I was a child, after school I went to the library to borrow books - especially comic books. They had a great collection of Star Wars Books, Garfield and other famous comic books everybody wanted to read. It was marvelous.

And then there was that one book I cannot forget: it was a comic book about androids, totally in black & white, the androids were drawn - or rather printed - in wire-frame style and the theme was rather mature (and violent). In one scene, one android rips apart another one. The scene was even too "graphical" for my mother, so that she decided to take the book back to the library and to complain about it, after which the book was taken out of the children's department ... what a shame.

Nevertheless: I am looking for that book. Can anyone help me?

I created that topic so that we can help each other finding old comic books. Do you look for books you read in your childhood?

Well, since I was born in 1983, went to school in age of 6 and it found the comics in the 5th or 6th class, then the comic book could not have been older than 1994, 1995. It was definitely a book and not a magazine, since it had about 80 page and a story I in English which I wasn't capable yet at that time. When it was created and which brand it was, I don't know. But it would help a lot to find out.

As I said, it was black and white or rather a white "canvas" with drawn/painted black (or grey) wireframe graphics. For that time the "quality" was mind blowing. Today it would look rather ridiculous since the pixel size was really large.

Oh, and thank you people in advance! I have looked for that book for dozens of hours and could not find it.