• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM - Amazing Spider-Man 129 - worth grading?

17 posts in this topic

Ok so I just got this copy of ASM 129. The book is in really good condition except for the minor color breaking crease on the bottom right corner. However, on the inside, about 3-4 pages have this black smudge line that goes perfectly down the page from what looks like where the ink smeared when it was printed. Has anyone run into this before? Is this even worth grading at this point or it going to knock this grade down tremendously? Im going to get this pressed and cleaned. I was really hoping for an 8.0 on this but im sure that's questionable now. I really appreciate the opinions on this one.

IMG_3691.jpg

IMG_3692.jpg

IMG_3697.jpg

IMG_3698.jpg

IMG_3699.jpg

IMG_3700.jpg

IMG_3701.jpg

IMG_3703.jpg

Edited by JoshGrav
added more

It looks to me like the ink streaks are a production issue, so I wouldn't think they would count in the CGC grade? Hard to see the book well enough to finetune the grade (no back cover pics etc), but I would think 7.5 to 8.0 range possible, barring any hidden defects.

3 minutes ago, Point Five said:

It looks to me like the ink streaks are a production issue, so I wouldn't think they would count in the CGC grade? Hard to see the book well enough to finetune the grade (no back cover pics etc), but I would think 7.5 to 8.0 range possible, barring any hidden defects.

Ill post a few more pictures. But it definitely is a printing defect. There isn't bleed through or transfer to another page. 

2 minutes ago, Kid Coal said:

I had a copy with very similar printing defect..it did not affect the grade according to graders notes.

Oh thats good to hear. Thanks man. Ive been waiting for someone to respond about this. Any thoughts on what the grade might be?

I've had both a 9.8 and 9.0 of this book. I've sold both.

I can't get a solid grade for you since i can't clearly see the whole book. I would most definitely recommend using ccs pressing.

To give you my grade after pressing i would feel comfortable grading it 8.5 or higher..my gut thinks a 9.2..good luck

Edited by Kid Coal
Misspell

3 minutes ago, Kid Coal said:

I've had both a 9.8 and 9.0 of this book. I've sold both.

I can't get a solid grade for you since i can clearly see the whole book. I would most definitely recommend using ccs pressing.

To give you my grade after pressing i would feel comfortable grading it 8.5 or higher..my gut thinks a 9.2..good luck

Yeah I already sent it off for pressing and cleaning (even though it doesn't need cleaning). You think even with that small color breaking crease on the bottom right corner it could go that high? Damn you had an 9.8? You must have gotten a ton of money for that one. Which one of your that you had graded had the page defect with the ink like mine? Was it the 9.0

Edited by JoshGrav
change