• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

POINT FIVE'S "LIGHTNING ROUND" GRADING CHALLENGE: ROUND 1 (OF 1)... Closed!
3 3

105 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

I"m already saying in advanced that I viewed all the comics on my 4.5 iphone. For some reason, I thought the deadline was last night at midnight, so I scrambled to submit.   I'm sure I'm dead last. 

@Wolverinex Sure you did !

I'm gonna say when I come in last place that I viewed the photos on a Motorola Razr from 1996! lol

Excuses, excuses! :roflmao:

1 minute ago, ChrispyC66 said:

How do you know you over graded 9 and 11? I thought 1 was tough. I went back and forth on that one. I settled in the middle to hedge my score. :cry:

I'm just seeing flaws that didn't consider when I initially graded them, who knows, maybe they were pressed? (shrug) @Point Five

1 minute ago, ChrispyC66 said:

No fair if there was CPR after those photos. ???

Usually there is a clarification, I'm sure there will be one in the March Madness, to consider every book pressed...... but the scans will be of the books in the slabs when you're estimating the grade :foryou: so pressing will have already taken place....

My advice since you're doing the first ones ever this year, is if you get the scans, to be sure and read any clarifiers if there are any :foryou: 

I get this prewarm-up was just for fun, but they are big books with somewhat pressable flaws, I'd assume they were pressed but don't know for sure :) 

Just now, ChrispyC66 said:

@ADAMANTIUM Thanks for the heads up.

Like even #1 in this contest had a "clarifier", I'm just now noticing lol did you catch it? I missed it, but graded it about the same but again it kept me from getting a bullseye, I'm probably 1 grade off :( 

17 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
21 minutes ago, ChrispyC66 said:

Usually there is a clarification, I'm sure there will be one in the March Madness, to consider every book pressed...... but the scans will be of the books in the slabs when you're estimating the grade :foryou: so pressing will have already taken place....

In March Madness, the books are (in order) :

• Pressed
  • Scanned
  • Submited to CGC

So you will always be looking at a raw and pressed book. 

4 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
25 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
29 minutes ago, ChrispyC66 said:

In March Madness, the books are (in order) :

• Pressed
  • Scanned
  • Submited to CGC

So you will always be looking at a raw and pressed book. 

Cool thanks for that! My Bad if I Misspoke :) I had the general idea right, but thanks for clarifying!

14 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Like even #1 in this contest had a "clarifier", I'm just now noticing lol did you catch it? I missed it, but graded it about the same but again it kept me from getting a bullseye, I'm probably 1 grade off :( 

Yeah. I saw the qualifier on detached staple for #1.

I was so stupid. I didn’t consider the books might be cleaned and pressed after the raw scans we saw. Most of my grades will be off for sure. 

Oh well. It was still fun.

4 minutes ago, ChrispyC66 said:

Yeah. I saw the qualifier on detached staple for #1.

I was so stupid. I didn’t consider the books might be cleaned and pressed after the raw scans we saw. Most of my grades will be off for sure. 

Oh well. It was still fun.

Just now, Point Five said:

Hey folks,

No, none of the books in my contest have been cleaned or pressed. The books are unchanged since these raw scans. :hi:

bit of gooed News :tink:

19 hours ago, Point Five said:

30 minutes left! Still waiting on these contestants...

@speedcake

@thehumantorch

Come on, guys!

Also, one contestant submitted his grades, but left a few of them blank at the end and graded one book a 6.6. Not sure what he's drinking but I think I could use a hit.

To be fair, it did look just a shave better than a 6.5.  But everything looks better through bourbon goggles.