• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schrödinger's Slab
1 1

44 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, MadGenius said:

Now the question of feedback. I am going to hammer the star ratings, but I think this warrants a more overt warning to potential buyers. I think neutral might be the way to go. Seller did not take proper precautions to protect the slab for shipping and the slab itself is super dirty and gross.

Just make sure you use gross as the sentence qualifier

57 minutes ago, MadGenius said:

Pages are peeking out a little under the right side of the cover. Can't tell if that was like that before from the pics in the listing. Might be nothing or it could be something. 

20200221_181709.jpg

At least you got a free booger in the upper right.  :cloud9:

Uh oh...MG hasn't posted since Friday...this. is. not. good!

9 minutes ago, MadGenius said:

I'm alive. I do have a persistent cough though...

Seems to be going around...

Had congestion and cough for a week, but still have the cough about 2 weeks later....

On 2/22/2020 at 12:08 AM, MadGenius said:

Now the question of feedback. I am going to hammer the star ratings, but I think this warrants a more overt warning to potential buyers. I think neutral might be the way to go. Seller did not take proper precautions to protect the slab for shipping and the slab itself is super dirty and gross.

Are you not going to talk to the seller before leaving feedback? I would not be happy to get a slab like that either but it did arrive undamaged. Maybe asking about the p&p pricing. If you get a poor response fill your boots on the feedback, but talk first, no?

20 hours ago, nickdemeato said:

Are you not going to talk to the seller before leaving feedback? I would not be happy to get a slab like that either but it did arrive undamaged. Maybe asking about the p&p pricing. If you get a poor response fill your boots on the feedback, but talk first, no?

I'm not sure what I'd be asking the seller for in this scenario. If it was damaged I would be returning it. I think Neutral feedback is fair because the packing was subpar and the slab was VERY dirty which isn't acceptible.

2 hours ago, MadGenius said:

I'm not sure what I'd be asking the seller for in this scenario. If it was damaged I would be returning it. I think Neutral feedback is fair because the packing was subpar and the slab was VERY dirty which isn't acceptible.

How about

"Hi I have received the item but I am a little unhappy with the way I have received it. First I paid $x (x because I cant be bothered to go back and check) to have it shipped and you've stuck it in a padded envelope. I feel I have been over charged for the P&P costs. Second the slab itself while not cracked or scratched has arrived really dirty. Like really, I even think there might be a booger on it. Is there anything that can be done regarding the p&p costs or the price on the slab due to the dirty condition it has arrived in? Thanks for taking the time to review my message, I hope to hear from you soon."

If they reply positively then great. Work from there. If not thank them for the reply and leave the feedback.

I mean it cant be that surprising to hear "hey, maybe speak to the seller first". At least give the person a chance. If I was the seller I would throw some money back to you to try and secure the positive feedback, they may do the same.

1 hour ago, nickdemeato said:

How about

"Hi I have received the item but I am a little unhappy with the way I have received it. First I paid $x (x because I cant be bothered to go back and check) to have it shipped and you've stuck it in a padded envelope. I feel I have been over charged for the P&P costs. Second the slab itself while not cracked or scratched has arrived really dirty. Like really, I even think there might be a booger on it. Is there anything that can be done regarding the p&p costs or the price on the slab due to the dirty condition it has arrived in? Thanks for taking the time to review my message, I hope to hear from you soon."

If they reply positively then great. Work from there. If not thank them for the reply and leave the feedback.

I mean it cant be that surprising to hear "hey, maybe speak to the seller first". At least give the person a chance. If I was the seller I would throw some money back to you to try and secure the positive feedback, they may do the same.

I agree with contacting the seller.. but did the OP over pay for the shipping? was it Free shipping? 

8 hours ago, Krismusic said:

I agree with contacting the seller.. but did the OP over pay for the shipping? was it Free shipping? 

See below.

On 2/21/2020 at 5:01 PM, MadGenius said:

I just realized I paid a robust $13.75 for shipping on the eBay listing. You think that would have ensured boxed shipping. Think again!!

On 2/21/2020 at 5:04 PM, MadGenius said:

The package weighed 1.1 lbs. Shipping it in a free Priority Mail box would not have added anything to the $9.90 the seller paid to ship it. :whistle:

Ultimately I decided it wasn't worth my time to haggle over a few bucks. Also I believe the public service of exposing the sellers lackluster packing to potential buyers is more important than squeezing out a few extra dollars.