First look at The Batman’s new suit as filming begins
4 4

55 posts in this topic

3,932 posts
1 hour ago, VintageComics said:

If you look closely at the costume, it looks either very old or very amateurish. It's put together with rivets and elastics.

This is probably not the finished costume but either something pre-CGI or just an 'intro' costume that will later be modified or changed.

From the article:

"...it is thought to be a stuntman seen on Friday afternoon rather than Twilight star Robert Pattinson, who will portray the dual role of Bruce Wayne and the Batman."

56,327 posts

However, it is thought to be a stuntman seen on Friday afternoon rather than Twilight star Robert Pattinson, who will portray the dual role of Bruce Wayne and the Batman.

giphy.gif

-slym

96,190 posts
2 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:
3 hours ago, VintageComics said:

If you look closely at the costume, it looks either very old or very amateurish. It's put together with rivets and elastics.

This is probably not the finished costume but either something pre-CGI or just an 'intro' costume that will later be modified or changed.

From the article:

"...it is thought to be a stuntman seen on Friday afternoon rather than Twilight star Robert Pattinson, who will portray the dual role of Bruce Wayne and the Batman."

If you haven't seen the promo video which was released a few days ago, it's the same suit in the promo video. rivets, elastics, etc.

3,932 posts
10 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

If you haven't seen the promo video which was released a few days ago, it's the same suit in the promo video. rivets, elastics, etc.

Yeah....I did see that video.  

I was just thinking that the stuntman's suit might be a cruder version of it than the one Robert Pattinson will wear.  You mentioned that it looked very old or amateurish and not finished.......this could be the reason.

Edited by Domo Arigato

6,599 posts
5 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

Yeah....I did see that video.  

I was just thinking that the stuntman's suit might be a cruder version of it than the one Robert Pattinson will wear.  You mentioned that it looked very old or amateurish and not finished.......this could be the reason.

That just might be the case. Someone seems a little passionate about it, at least...

1,725 posts

The suit itself looks cool, but the cowel bothers me. Looks like something a cosplayer would make. I’m doubting it’s the final version. 

96,190 posts

I don't know, the basic elements of the suit (rivets, looking like football padding) are still all in the promo video...so I don't know why they'd release a promo video if it's not the real suit.

Weird.

Like I said, I think they are going for a very old-school vibe but honestly, I don't care all that much.

I just hope it's  somewhere in the ballpark of the Nolan movies (which is the standard by which all Batman movies should be judged by) and not anything like the abomination that BvS was.

14,775 posts

I am still wanting to see a fabric / molded composite cowl that would allow the wearer to easily remove the mask like a hoodie as Batman does in the Animated Series.

Make the neck and part of the head fabric based and the face part molded to have the strong features. It would allow for head movement as well.

Otherwise the look of what I see doesnt bother me, I rather like the unpolished functional version like it is an early design to be later perfected.

Edited by Artboy99

47,414 posts

Can we please have Christian Bale  back.🤞

16,238 posts

Costumes designed by Ben Cooper.

3,993 posts

i'm  out of touch with these superhero movies (oh I'll eventually see this on an airplane without headphones or portions of it on a gas pump) but is robin all but gone now?

132 posts

Not good... The ears on the mask:sick:.

George Clooney's suit had nipples.... Never forget.

47,414 posts

I still say the Batman movie with Heath Ledger as the Joker is THE quintessential Batman movie.  Heath Ledger was exactly what I thought the Joker would be. Just perfection. 

16,276 posts
1 hour ago, oakman29 said:

I still say the Batman movie with Heath Ledger as the Joker is THE quintessential Batman movie.  Heath Ledger was exactly what I thought the Joker would be. Just perfection. 

It took drugs to get him to act like that though Oak 

47,414 posts
35 minutes ago, Senormac said:

It took drugs to get him to act like that though Oak 

Whatever it takes to get a great performance. 😆

53,602 posts
On 2/22/2020 at 2:46 AM, Domo Arigato said:

350uwx4.gif.0e3455242cba2d1dcfd0864150ebac2e.gif

He had one job.

990 posts

What can't they just make a classic Neal Adams Batman film? It's what we all want. Why can't they just make a blue and gray suit not made of ballistic material?

76e43f7b11224c76581c5f0ed988b183.jpg.b6b56abb5ddc0c5763a1181456cbc1cb.jpg