• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Age Comic Bags Inconsistent Sizing?

5 posts in this topic

Recently bought 1000 bags: 9 from BCW and 1 from Ultimate Guard. Both brands were bought at Silver Age sizes with these measurements: 7 1/8" x 10 1/2" or 181mm x 266mm. The quality control in the width of these bags are actually disgustingly bad. 99% of the bags from both brands range from 179mm to 180mm. The difference might sound small but it's the difference between whether or not 7" backing boards actually fit into the bag, or if they're just way too tight. The other 1% will be spot on 181mm or 182mm. 

I was surprised to find this has happened to me as I previously bought 3 bags from BCW with 0 sizing trouble, but now that this has happened I'm kinda disappointed and annoyed. Has this happened to other people before? Is there a brand with 7 1/8" bags that are usually pretty spot on? Maybe Ultra-Pro?

Thanks guys.

On 2/22/2020 at 3:38 AM, Tempus Fugit said:

now I only buy the 7.25" Silvers. Problem solved.

Agreed especially if you collect silver age DC's that are wider than SA Marvels or if you want the flexibility of bagging square-bound Marvels with a backing board.

On 2/24/2020 at 7:26 AM, SpeakUpSonny said:

Try Gerber :bigsmile:

I'm in Australia :< 1000 Mylites 2 and 1000 Fullbacks is gonna run me $605USD ~ $919AUD with shipping included. I own less than 50 books pre Modern age so using poly bags and normal backing boards for the majority of my collection will suffice for now.