• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Terry Austin Con Appearances?

17 posts in this topic

I saw a tweet from cgc that suggested the 2022 private signing with Terry Austin happened on 3/5.  

Any confirmation of this? The status of my order hasn't changed.

On 3/16/2022 at 10:34 AM, JBK said:

I saw a tweet from cgc that suggested the 2022 private signing with Terry Austin happened on 3/5.  

Any confirmation of this? The status of my order hasn't changed.

what other confirmation of this would you need that the signing occurred than CGC saying it happened on their official twitter w/pictures?

I guess you could call/email Cgc customer service and ask them if they can confirm what they posted on twitter and see if they will admit to lying about that post and the pictures they posted.

I  would give it a while before you see the status change in the system.

On 3/16/2022 at 2:20 PM, revat said:

what other confirmation of this would you need that the signing occurred than CGC saying it happened on their official twitter w/pictures?

I guess you could call/email Cgc customer service and ask them if they can confirm what they posted on twitter and see if they will admit to lying about that post and the pictures they posted.

I  would give it a while before you see the status change in the system.

Many thanks for the obnoxious reply. 😀

This was my first signing, so I'm not entirely sure how these work.  Based on your snarky response I now assume that Austin was a one day event, so it's over and done... Since that was 11 days ago I might have expected some kind of status update if the comic was passed along to the next step in the process.

I guess as one helpful member posted some weeks ago, its best to just forget about the timeframe and the comic book will show up as a pleasant surprise one day I the next few months.

Another place to check is CGC's Facebook page (can access without an account)  They post pics and videos of signing.  They did post something there for the Austin signing so it did happen.

The process will be as stated where it will take 6-8 weeks to press and grade.  Won't see much change on your submission view until it happens so best is to be patient and be excited when the status does get updated :) 

On 3/16/2022 at 2:56 PM, JBK said:

Many thanks for the obnoxious reply. 😀

This was my first signing, so I'm not entirely sure how these work.  Based on your snarky response I now assume that Austin was a one day event, so it's over and done... Since that was 11 days ago I might have expected some kind of status update if the comic was passed along to the next step in the process.

I guess as one helpful member posted some weeks ago, its best to just forget about the timeframe and the comic book will show up as a pleasant surprise one day I the next few months.

Your question was not unreasonable.  Depending on the number of submissions, some of the signings have had to carry over into second or third days.  The tweet only showed a few of the remarque sketches that he did and it wasn't clear if the signing was done. 

I'm in the same boat as you, I submitted a handful of books for that signing.  The turn around times have been getting longer and longer so all you can do is keep your fingers crossed while you wait.  

Did you also submit for pressing, if so the wait will be even longer.  

Just out of curiosity what did you submit for the signing?

On 3/16/2022 at 8:37 PM, MarkMoon said:

Your question was not unreasonable.  Depending on the number of submissions, some of the signings have had to carry over into second or third days.  The tweet only showed a few of the remarque sketches that he did and it wasn't clear if the signing was done. 

I'm in the same boat as you, I submitted a handful of books for that signing.  The turn around times have been getting longer and longer so all you can do is keep your fingers crossed while you wait.  

Did you also submit for pressing, if so the wait will be even longer.  

Just out of curiosity what did you submit for the signing?

Thx for the info.

I did ask for pressing. 

I actually have very few comic books but some that I have are a run of "The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones", and Terry Austin did a great cover for issue #1.  So, I sent that one.

I know that most people know him from his later works, since that comic didn't even make it into the brief bio that CGC included on the email announcing his signing.

It's a sentimental favorite of mine partly because back when it was issued I wrote to him to tell him how much I liked the cover and he sent me what was essentially a hand drawn recreation of Indiana Jones from the cover.