• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Donnelly Brothers / CoolLines Art FAQ
6 6

76 posts in this topic

Alex,

i was thinking about this topic yesterday, as I was reading the Spencer thread. For me, Spencer and the D-Bros are the extreme ends of the OA dealer continuum- 

Spencer: high ethics, horrible communication and website and general sales/inventory management. But- fair pricing 

Donnelly’s : very responsive, but corrupt AF for all the reasons this thread mentions and ridiculous pricing.

Everyone else falls in the middle - Blackline Fever closer to Spencer for example.  I would put Anthony in the middle - Mitch? Burkey? 

Ideally you could scatter plot this into quadrants on an x/y axis - but I can’t decide what each axis represents as I almost need a third axis to capture ethics, pricing, & communication/general business professionalism.

but @alxjhnsn this sounds like just the kind of business analysis you were born to do! :bigsmile:

27 minutes ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

@alxjhnsn this sounds like just the kind of business analysis you were born to do! :bigsmile:

I'm just a old electrical engineer moved into product planning. I like to collect facts, but I'm not much of a business analyst. :)

1 hour ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

Spencer: high ethics, horrible communication and website and general sales/inventory management. But- fair pricing 

Donnelly’s : very responsive, but corrupt AF for all the reasons this thread mentions and ridiculous pricing.

That's an interesting thought. Perhaps the FAQ should be organized by the topics we feel are important in dealers. What are the most important characteristics for a dealer?

Are the characteristics you look for in a rep the same?

Just now, alxjhnsn said:

That's an interesting thought. Perhaps the FAQ should be organized by the topics we feel are important in dealers. What are the most important characteristics for a dealer?

Are the characteristics you look for in a rep the same?

Heh- you took the bait! :devil:

I’d say:

Quality of inventory 

pricing

ethics

operational efficiency

this is starting to look more like a weighted score  hm

1 hour ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

Heh- you took the bait! :devil:

I’d say:

Quality of inventory 

pricing

ethics

operational efficiency

this is starting to look more like a weighted score  hm

I would just run an x/y table of Good Business Practices v. Good Ethical Practices.

For the ....overly serious....you can also include a weighted table of values, say: 15% speedy sending of purchased items; 20% accurate description; 20% untampered product, 10% well packaged shipping; 10% deep inventory, 15% quality of communications, 10% accurate and available pricing. I wouldn't include level of pricing; that's a business decision. But, fair disclosure about it is different.

5 hours ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

Alex,

i was thinking about this topic yesterday, as I was reading the Spencer thread. For me, Spencer and the D-Bros are the extreme ends of the OA dealer continuum- 

Everyone else falls in the middle - Blackline Fever closer to Spencer for example.  I would put Anthony in the middle - Mitch? Burkey? 

Ideally you could scatter plot this into quadrants on an x/y axis - but I can’t decide what each axis represents as I almost need a third axis to capture ethics, pricing, & communication/general business professionalism.

but @alxjhnsn this sounds like just the kind of business analysis you were born to do! :bigsmile:

This is one of several reasons why expanding beyond one dealer would be a good idea. Rather than a weighted final score, just give subscores in the different categories so that buyers are more informed as to what they're getting into. Accountability is an important part of improved quality control, and if scores could be promulgated, the best dealers stand to win, and dealers are inspired to address their weak spots.

Web site has good functionality

Responds promptly to inquiries

Web site accurately reflects inventory

Web site prices are clear and are honored

Product descriptions are detailed and accurate

And so on. People could submit ratings. There would need to be some system to prevent fraudulent ratings (not sure what that would look like) yet provide anonymity (to forestall dealer retaliation).

Edited by RBerman

7 hours ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

Alex,

dealer matrix.png

Edited by NC101