• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The case for eBay Auction vs Buy it Now in one pic
1 1

29 posts in this topic

Just now, gpanalysis said:

If you go to this title/issue on GPA

https://comics.gpanalysis.com/analyse-prices/sales-data/240/39

and scroll to the bottom of the sales rows, there is a section "Relists, non-sales, errors". You'll see the $50K ToS sale has been noted, with "Item recorded as sold/relisted by seller", hence why it's not included in the main analysis.

And there you go.  I guess I just didn't look deep enough.

Thanks, George.

15 hours ago, gpanalysis said:

If you go to this title/issue on GPA

https://comics.gpanalysis.com/analyse-prices/sales-data/240/39

and scroll to the bottom of the sales rows, there is a section "Relists, non-sales, errors". You'll see the $50K ToS sale has been noted, with "Item recorded as sold/relisted by seller", hence why it's not included in the main analysis.

How do you handle the best offer/private offer situation when the actual price is not shown in completed auctions ?  Also what qualifies a re-list when potentially any book that gets sold more than once is a relist.

1 hour ago, 90sChild said:

How do you handle the best offer/private offer situation when the actual price is not shown in completed auctions ?  Also what qualifies a re-list when potentially any book that gets sold more than once is a relist.

I'm going to assume same seller and relatively short time frame, both of which combined would indicate that the first sale never actually happened. 

On 2/23/2020 at 9:47 AM, ivegotneatstuff said:

These are about 12 days apart from each other assuming the sales are legit of course. (Not my sales for the record.)

744139334_ScreenShot2020-02-23at9_45_06AM.thumb.png.dc08c1681bcfd93621977ebe8a1e070a.png

And as painful as this lesson is... imagine hundreds/thousands auctions ending at half the price from the bin and the labor that’s involved to list/fulfil them as opposed to the bins. Half the price and double the labor 

Would someone please clarify this thread for me? 

We have a screenshot of TOS #39 8.5 sold(presumably) by Rick Probstein at auction for just over 29k.  We see another TOS #39 (different serial number) listed as 'sold" for a BIN of 50k from Gary Dolgoff which we know didn't sell as he put the same book(same serial #) right back up for a BIN of 45k, where it currently entertains random watchers.

I don't get what we're supposed to take away from this other than the fallibility of the GPA record, not auction vs. BIN results.

???

57 minutes ago, steveinthecity said:

Would someone please clarify this thread for me? 

We have a screenshot of TOS #39 8.5 sold(presumably) by Rick Probstein at auction for just over 29k.  We see another TOS #39 (different serial number) listed as 'sold" for a BIN of 50k from Gary Dolgoff which we know didn't sell as he put the same book(same serial #) right back up for a BIN of 45k, where it currently entertains random watchers.

I don't get what we're supposed to take away from this other than the fallibility of the GPA record, not auction vs. BIN results.

???

I just thought all this would be a good conversation starter :bigsmile:

3 hours ago, toro said:

Just saw the $50,000 sale was from Gary Dolgoff, so that is legit on his end.  Hopefully the buyer didn't stiff him.

We know that sale didn't go through. Gary relisted the book for 5k less. Same serial number, so unless he's got 2 copies and didn't update the photo...

:ohnoez: