• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why is edge of spiderverse 2 more expensive than ultimate fallout 4?
1 1

18 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Supply.

UF #4 was the 5th highest selling book of August 2011, selling around 75,000 Direct copies in North America that month, and an unknown number of newsstands.

Edge of Spiderverse #2, however, only sold about 10,000 copies that month, and Marvel had ceased all newsstand distribution by then.

And while no one knows how many were printed of either, the lopsided sales numbers go a long way towards explaining the discrepancy.

oh yea I didnt think about that I mean tbh even with that I think uf4 is more important and should be slightly more 

22 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Supply.

UF #4 was the 5th highest selling book of August 2011, selling around 75,000 Direct copies in North America that month, and an unknown number of newsstands.

Edge of Spiderverse #2, however, only sold about 10,000 copies that month, and Marvel had ceased all newsstand distribution by then.

And while no one knows how many were printed of either, the lopsided sales numbers go a long way towards explaining the discrepancy.

Throw in the fanboy love toward the 'girl' character over the 'boy' character.  I think that has a little bit to do with it as well. 

I'm not so sure that Miles Morales is a "more popular" character than Spider-Gwen...at least not by any significant margin.  I think believing that he is may be a personal bias that's misleading your judgement a bit. 

Side Note - I had been buying up ASM 31’s for quite some time a few years ago in the 5.0-7.0 range as I felt it was a good book to stuff away for a bit.  As Spider-Gwen increased in popularity I started selling them on eBay and listed them as the first appearance of Spider-Gwen. 

Set a few GPA highs for the time. 

New comic readers love her. 

2 hours ago, SpeakUpSonny said:

Both characters are lame rip-offs of good characters. It's poser fanboys under 30 who prop up this carp _wFbKOEKQ9RmpEL35hf_.gif

I think old miles was a rip of but with the new movie hes like his own character and hes def growed into a much better character  and for spider gwen they took a loved character and maybe her spiderman or spiderwomen why? cuz they could 

7 hours ago, Turtle said:

I'm not so sure that Miles Morales is a "more popular" character than Spider-Gwen...at least not by any significant margin.  I think believing that he is may be a personal bias that's misleading your judgement a bit. 

miles is def more popular I feel a lot more people want him in the mcu and more non comic fans know more about miles

Miles exceeded my expectations.  I don't just say that because I have a bunch of copies.  In this case the diversity movement in comics during that time period along with Spider-verse hit a home run because Miles became a very likable character and allowed a wider audience to believe that anyone could be under the mask and that anyone could be a hero. 

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Miles exceeded my expectations.  I don't just say that because I have a bunch of copies.  In this case the diversity movement in comics during that time period along with Spider-verse hit a home run because Miles became a very likable character and allowed a wider audience to believe that anyone could be under the mask and that anyone could be a hero. 

Lmao but I def agree with you

14 hours ago, silversufer27 said:

miles is def more popular I feel a lot more people want him in the mcu and more non comic fans know more about miles

By what metric do you feel Miles is "def more popular"?

Anecdotally, I've noticed way more cosplay of Spider-Gwen than Miles, I've seen far more artist's takes on Spider-Gwen on CAF vs. Miles, and I notice Spider-Gwen on more modern comic covers than Miles.  Based on this non-scientific evidence, I'd guess that Spider-Gwen has more of a following than Miles.  I'd guess that their popularity among casual fans are pretty close, but I'd probably give the edge to Spider-Gwen.

I think Miles is a cool character based strictly on my viewing of Into the Spider-Verse.  What evidence are you seeing that Miles is far and away the more popular character?