• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do people trade art for comics?

26 posts in this topic

I don't follow graded books but I know from a friend that the WWBN is a hot issue (which reminds me I need to check if I have that issue). As such, don't sell yourself short. If that book is on an upward trajectory, be mindful about when you sell it. If it has some legs to keep running and you sell it now and sit on the cash, you may be losing out, especially if you don't buy any art for a while (which is advisable if you aren't familiar with art and what you really want). 

1 hour ago, stinkininkin said:

Don't mean to further derail this thread, but is MK hot because of the up coming TV show?  Haven't been paying attention.

Kept going up in recent years largely because folks figured Marvel would do *something* with MK... and hopes validated with news of the show!  Has long had a loyal contingent (myself included).

2 hours ago, stinkininkin said:

Don't mean to further derail this thread, but is MK hot because of the up coming TV show?  Haven't been paying attention.

That’s what I’m hearing from the comic speculators. I sold a WBN 7.0 for $1290 on Comiclink last summer. I had no idea the book was hot. Now I do.

2 hours ago, stinkininkin said:

Partially but I believe it was already a hot book. I could be wrong but I think the WWBN CGC 9.8 that sold on CLink for 50K was before the TV show annoncement.

The funny thing about Moon Knight for me is that I have superb MK representation in my art collection, but barely remember reading the book.  Did not make an impression on me in the slightest, either back in the early 80's or now.  The Sienkiewicz art, on the other hand, blew my mind.  For me, MK was ALWAYS just about the art, so that's why I'm surprised that his WWBN first appearance (by Don Perlin I think?) merits the attention and the $$$$ it does.  OK, back on topic...