• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

POINT FIVE'S "LIGHTNING ROUND" GRADING CHALLENGE: SLAB REVEALS & FINAL SCORES!
3 3

158 posts in this topic

Just now, Wolverinex said:

I was lucky. I am terrible at this. lol Never can get it right.  I guess you used your new samsung tablet this time?    I need to stop using my 4.5 in iphone.

I'm gonna borrow your Iphone 4.5 maybe it will help me next time! lol

Hey, @Point Five, I saw you had a rule to not look at the census...I've never even considered doing that...I imagine some people are cheating to see if there are no books "surrounding" the approximate grades?

Like, if a book is in the 4.0 range, and there's only a single book graded 4.5, and no other book higher than 3.0 or lower than 6.0, then people are using that to make their guesses...?

Huh.

If so, that's kinda sleazy. hm

2 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I'm fine in coming at or near the top in consistency in these contests. I think I was 3rd or 4th in Andy's contest in terms of consistent grading.

Grading is as inconsistent at CGC as it has ever been. I just submitted 88 Silver/Early Bronze Spidey Romitas...I "bullseyed" maybe 10 of them. Books that I thought would grade 7.0 got 8.5s, and books that I put as "9.2/9.4" (meaning, could go either way) got 9.0...it's all over the map. I had at least four books that were blue labels that went DOWN a level (which is not supposed to happen.) 

And the reality is this: everyone who got within a "half grade" (that is, graded a book a 5.0 or 3.0, when it was a 4.0) is within the realm of accurate. If you're grading a 3.5 as 6.5...then you're having a problem. ;)

Good thoughts.  I'm glad I mainly got 1s then.  I do wonder how the HELL @Azkaban always kicks so much . 

1 minute ago, Wolverinex said:

:banana:  I forgot how much pain and how much fun I had with your contest.  You need to revive it again at some point in the future!

Revive it? It’s barely been put to bed. 
this Lightning tourney was a ton of fun. 
let’s allow some others to dip their toes in the pool 2c