• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

POINT FIVE'S "LIGHTNING ROUND" GRADING CHALLENGE: SLAB REVEALS & FINAL SCORES!
3 3

158 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, Point Five said:

The Air Ace seemed to have more lowball guesses than any other book... I was kinda surprised at all the 1.5-2.0 guesses. GA books in that range are usually trampled with good amounts of color loss, or if the eye appeal is there then there's some other structural problem like lots of spine splitting. This one has pretty vibrant colors and no major splits or pieces missing. IMO it's a nice-looking lower grade book.

Shows you what I know about GA low grades...which is not much (shrug)

28 minutes ago, ChrispyC66 said:

No worries! I see you don't post here too much... Hope you stick around. (thumbsu

2 minutes ago, Point Five said:
31 minutes ago, ChrispyC66 said:

No worries! I see you don't post here too much... Hope you stick around. (thumbsu

In all fairness, Chrispy has only been here 2 months lol but seems good people so far! :headbang: 

3 minutes ago, ChrispyC66 said:

If you folks are looking to grade some SA books...I posted 3 today in PGM.
I’ll be posting several more the next couple days. Would love to have your “expert” opinions before I send them to CGC.

I'll check them out! I have some time today :)

March is fast approaching, get in a bit more practice if we can!

46 minutes ago, ChrispyC66 said:

Yep! @Point Five I’m new to these hallowed halls, but not new to comic books. I plan to hang around if you’ll have me (worship)

Thanks @ADAMANTIUM you seem like good people too! :baiting:

@ADAMANTIUM is good people! 

Hey all, I know this tournament must feel like a million years ago, but... Just a heads-up that 5 of the 11 books are now live in HA's weekly auctions:

https://comics.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=52+793+794+791+1893+792+2088+4294945979+4294966926&type=friend-consignorlive-notice

:hi:

4 minutes ago, piper said:

Did you sell the Captain Science?

Yep, that one sold on the boards a few weeks ago. These books were already in the pipeline to HA by then.

3 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Yep, that one sold on the boards a few weeks ago. These books were already in the pipeline to HA by then.

I'm surprised that I missed your thread.