• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frank Miller's inspiration for The Kingpin?
2 2

27 posts in this topic

King Kong Bundy was big when Miller was doing DD, but frankly, I think most people here are confused by the question because it doesn't really seem like Miller changed him much. He sometimes made him a little fatter and more massive than others, and sure, he helped develop the character and make him 3 dimensional (plot wise), but some of the 60s an 70s renditions had him pretty big too.

13 minutes ago, the blob said:

King Kong Bundy was big when Miller was doing DD, but frankly, I think most people here are confused by the question because it doesn't really seem like Miller changed him much. He sometimes made him a little fatter and more massive than others, and sure, he helped develop the character and make him 3 dimensional (plot wise), but some of the 60s an 70s renditions had him pretty big too.

I understand how a big dude like King Pin would be strong, but being able to pummel a guy that can throw cars-that always struck me as absurd.  No real life King Pin-and they exist-can throw a car.  Was he bitten by a radioactive cheeseburger or something?

4 hours ago, kav said:

I understand how a big dude like King Pin would be strong, but being able to pummel a guy that can throw cars-that always struck me as absurd.  No real life King Pin-and they exist-can throw a car.  Was he bitten by a radioactive cheeseburger or something?

He is obviously a mutant and does not know it. His mutation is that he is multiple x stronger than he should be for a guy who spends Most of his time eating, insanely quick for a fat man... So he's basically the love child of The Mountain and a sumo grand champion (one of those 700 pounded) on extra steroids and amphetamines. The tv show may have hinted it was activated in the trauma of killing his father.

4 hours ago, kav said:

Spiderman has had the beaten out of him by plenty of regular humans. Sure, he is very resilient, but if someone gets him square in the face he doesn't laugh it off.