• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What should I get signed by Jim Lee? What would you get signed?

9 posts in this topic

I just started collecting comic books again (I only have a few to my name), but I snagged tickets to C2E2 and got 2 passes for my fiancee and I to get items signed by Jim Lee (CGC-witnessed, of course). I was a fan of Jim Lee as a kid, mostly for his involvement in Gen13, WildCATS, etc. I have raw copies of Deathmate Black, Gen13 0, 1/2 and 1. Would any of these make sense to get signed? Does it matter if he illustrated or wrote a comic? What other comics or items should I look for (I've thought about his Funko Pops), and what would you get signed by him?

Honestly, it’s totally up to you and what you value. IF you want to give more info about what you have, what you love, what your collection is like, and what your priorities are, people can give you better advice

Thanks all. My collection is tiny; not much more than I listed! Like I said, just got back into it, but I live in Chicago and didn't want to miss the chance to see Jim Lee. I was an Image fan growing up, but I did like X-Men, so I may have to go to a few LCSs and see if I can pull one of those issues to get signed.

15 hours ago, sendnine said:

Thanks all. My collection is tiny; not much more than I listed! Like I said, just got back into it, but I live in Chicago and didn't want to miss the chance to see Jim Lee. I was an Image fan growing up, but I did like X-Men, so I may have to go to a few LCSs and see if I can pull one of those issues to get signed.

If you're looking at "value", you'll need to do more research and likely get a 9.8 to be 'worth it'.  Otherwise, get something that has meaning to you that you'd keep (and you don't care if it grades perfectly or not).  From that era the Wolverine Jim Lee covers are pretty cool (24-25), and Uncanny xmen 268, 248 (1st jim lee on xmen), 256-257 (1st Asian Psylocke), 270, 274 (savage land).  Or you can check out the first 12ish issues of Xmen, some rad covers there too.

But honestly, if you'll cherish it more, nothing wrong with getting a wildcats or Gen13 or deathmate.  everyone is different and has different goals and financial considerations.  That's the beauty of the hobby.

On 2/25/2020 at 3:36 PM, revat said:

If you're looking at "value", you'll need to do more research and likely get a 9.8 to be 'worth it'.  Otherwise, get something that has meaning to you that you'd keep (and you don't care if it grades perfectly or not).  From that era the Wolverine Jim Lee covers are pretty cool (24-25), and Uncanny xmen 268, 248 (1st jim lee on xmen), 256-257 (1st Asian Psylocke), 270, 274 (savage land).  Or you can check out the first 12ish issues of Xmen, some rad covers there too.

But honestly, if you'll cherish it more, nothing wrong with getting a wildcats or Gen13 or deathmate.  everyone is different and has different goals and financial considerations.  That's the beauty of the hobby.

Thanks, I appreciate this response! You're right, I am going to get my copy of Deathmate Black (or an early Gen13) signed -- it's why I was interested in Jim Lee in the first place. My fiancee has a ticket too and I picked up a few different X-Men #1 covers today; was thinking of getting one signed, but I am going to look at all the covers you recommended before I choose. Thanks for the recommendations and the advice. 

Edited by sendnine