• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Page '12'

58 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, mike devon said:

Bro I've GOT THE BOOK and I've COUNTED IN FROM THE FRONT.  Whatever way you do it p12 is a story page.

SO:  
counting each side of each leaf from story page 1 - p12 is a story page
counting each side of each leaf from front cover - p12 is a story page

Unless I've gone completely insane.  Possible.

I've GOT THE BOOK TOO.  

Leaf 11 (which shows page 18 & 19 of the Spidey Story) says "continued after next page"..... the next page (leaf 12) is an ad page on both sides.  The story picks up again on the backside of leaf 13.

Mike, it's just a little frustrating when you keep saying a "story page" is missing, when it is very obvious that it isn't.  On ASM14 the story pages are also numbered so you could see you weren't missing any.  Plus it didn't seem like you were listening to all of us who were trying to help you.

1 minute ago, gadzukes said:

Mike, it's just a little frustrating when you keep saying a "story page" is missing, when it is very obvious that it isn't.  On ASM14 the story pages are also numbered so you could see you weren't missing any.  Plus it didn't seem like you were listening to all of us who were trying to help you.

Yes sorry I was confused about leaf/page.  Apologies to all.

1 minute ago, gadzukes said:

If you want to complete your copy there are many coverless copies that come up on ebay.  Just be patient and one will pop up.  You will have to compete with other collectors for the coverless copy though (including me... one of my copies is missing page 12).

And $500 up.  Do you think its worth doing..?  I've been advised just sell it but I like to fix things.

14 minutes ago, mike devon said:

And $500 up.  Do you think its worth doing..?  I've been advised just sell it but I like to fix things.

It might be a wash (or a loss) once you pay the $500.  However, I'm hoping to find a cheap copy myself, so to me personally... it's worth it.

If your copy is super low grade, then probably just leave it.

Edited by gadzukes

34 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

It might be a wash (or a loss) once you pay the $500.  However, I'm hoping to find a cheap copy myself, so to me personally... it's worth it.

If your copy is super low grade, then probably just leave it.

I think its a 4.5 maybe 5.0 not sure.  With clean and press maybe 5.0..?  Not a great photo - in the hand it looks quite nice.

asm14.jpg

Edited by mike devon

3 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Do you mean "page 68", "leaf 68", or "wrap 68" and are you including the cover in your counting?  If my memory serves me that page has a "Sea Monkeys" coupon.

Sorry, my bad. I meant page 152 of Daredevil #81.  

5 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

That's a sweet copy!

Yeah, if that was mine, my OCDs would be forcing me to complete it.  Good Luck

Cheers gadzukes - yeah I am thinking very carefully about what to do.  This was £500 odd so will depend how cheap I can get the wrap.