• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Page '12'

58 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

A Qualified complete 5.0 sold a year ago for $1000.  You've got a little wiggle room value wise.

Yeah - its easy to be dismissive of 'small' amounts but if I could get $100 out of it that would go towards a better one.  And ofc if I buy a rough book to get the wrap I daresay I could split that book up entirely and get the money back - $50 a wrap..?  Seems worth thinking about.

33 minutes ago, mike devon said:

Yeah - its easy to be dismissive of 'small' amounts but if I could get $100 out of it that would go towards a better one.  And ofc if I buy a rough book to get the wrap I daresay I could split that book up entirely and get the money back - $50 a wrap..?  Seems worth thinking about.

I bought a coverless really horrible Captain America 1 a few years ago for $8000 just to get the CF (which was the best wrap in the comic).  And ended up selling off the extra pages (which were all split at the spine) for $9000.... so I made $1000 AND got my CF for free.

15 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

I bought a coverless really horrible Captain America 1 a few years ago for $8000 just to get the CF (which was the best wrap in the comic).  And ended up selling off the extra pages (which were all split at the spine) for $9000.... so I made $1000 AND got my CF for free.

Really..?  Wow.  I do it all the time with toys.  Different market ofc but I think wraps from ASM14 would shift for $50 each..?  If I can get the wrap another way though I'd do that.

28 minutes ago, mike devon said:

Really..?  Wow.  I do it all the time with toys.  Different market ofc but I think wraps from ASM14 would shift for $50 each..?  If I can get the wrap another way though I'd do that.

I don't think I've ever seen wraps for sale from an ASM14.

Usually wrap or page sales are for the super mega keys like Action 1, BM 1, AF15, but....... if someone needs a wrap, they need a wrap so go for it.....but it may be easier (for this comic) to just sell what you have remaining all together.

Edited by gadzukes

12 minutes ago, Harry Lime said:

You won't get $50 or £39 for a wrap on ebay.

I collect SA ASM and I wouldn't pay anything for a wrap when I could read the entire story in Marvel Tales 152 for a fraction of this.

Harry yeh but someone else might - or might not who knows..?  Prob more for the splash and first Goblin panel page..?  If not such is life.

Edited by mike devon

On 2/24/2020 at 3:12 PM, mike devon said:

Harry yeh but someone else might - or might not who knows..?  Prob more for the splash and first Goblin panel page..?  If not such is life.

My 2 cents... Please don't break up that book. 

I don't know if anyone would buy the wraps or not, but it's a nice looking copy. Some kid probably took out page 12 40+ years ago. It's apart of the comics history now. I would either keep it and look for a cheap incomplete copy to get page 12 or sell it, save up and buy the copy you want. 

6 hours ago, KCOComics said:

My 2 cents... Please don't break up that book. 

I don't know if anyone would buy the wraps or not, but it's a nice looking copy. Some kid probably took out page 12 40+ years ago. It's apart of the comics history now. I would either keep it and look for a cheap incomplete copy to get page 12 or sell it, save up and buy the copy you want. 

Hi no I'm not breaking this one up - I might get a tatty one to marry the wrap.  I know it would be less hassle to just sell it but I like fixing things if I can.  I don't consider marrying to be invasive restoration.

7 minutes ago, SpeakUpSonny said:

Call it what you want, but it's still an incomplete book no matter what you do.

Incomplete..?  I don't think so - conserved yes - restored yes but non invasively.  A whole wrap that is.  A single page stuck in would be invasive.

On 2/24/2020 at 12:32 PM, mike devon said:

Sorry mate I've got it now.  Thanks for helping.

You'll find that page 12 is one of the most common pages missing from early Marvels. As previously stated, it's because it's usually a pin-up page...

And I think most books with a married wrap will get the green Qualified label...    :whistle:

Edited by The Lions Den

14 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

You'll find that page 12 is one of the most common pages missing from early Marvels. As previously stated, it's because it's usually a pin-up page...

Page 12 removal was basically the "marvel value stamp" of the early Marvel era.

I went to buy a collection of early Marvels in Augusta GA many years ago (2 1/2 hour drive for me).  We settled on a basic price over back & forth emails.  When I got there and looked at the collection SO MANY of the early Marvels were missing page 12.  I had to explain to the guy that we could no longer be thinking about the price I quoted him.  I still ended up buying the collection (for much less) but I was very disappointed about the missing pages.  I'm going to say at least 15 of the early marvels were missing page 12.

6 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Page 12 removal was basically the "marvel value stamp" of the early Marvel era.

I went to buy a collection of early Marvels in Augusta GA many years ago (2 1/2 hour drive for me).  We settled on a basic price over back & forth emails.  When I got there and looked at the collection SO MANY of the early Marvels were missing page 12.  I had to explain to the guy that we could no longer be thinking about the price I quoted him.  I still ended up buying the collection (for much less) but I was very disappointed about the missing pages.  I'm going to say at least 15 of the early marvels were missing page 12.

Sad but true...but I still enjoyed your story.  :foryou: