• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WonderCon April 10-12 2020 Anaheim, CA

20 posts in this topic

I wish Terry's Comics could be a Exhibitor at this event once again!

Unfortunately, the Promoters of this Event once again decided to hold it on the weekend of Easter.

I spend Easter weekend with my family every year and do not want that to change because of so poor planning on the part of the Promoters.

As an alternative to this event we will be having a shop hosted event at the Comic Book Hideout in Fullerton CA

the, I Wonder Con: Tuesday April 7 & Wednesday April 8th at the Comic Book Hideout, Fullerton, CA.

This is my Alternative to WonderCon! not because I don't like WonderCon, I just like my family more.

We will bring any items from my Catalog or Web-site that are currently available during this event.

We will also be setting up tables and display racks exactly as we would have at WonderCon.

Admission is Free! Parking is Free! 

any attending this event that mentions this post will get a free Comic from the Bronze, Silver or Golden age.

The best to all my WonderCon Customers,

I will miss you this year unless you come by this Shop ,

Terry O. - Owner - Terry's Comics

Really wondering if this show is going to happen this year or not.  Emerald City postponed, South by Southwest cancelled, BNP Paribas(big tennis tournament in Indian Wells, California) postponed. 

We're a month a way, and I'm guessing chances are 50/50 that the show goes on.

Edited by nearmint

I plan on going.  If it gets cancelled...oh well.  I can't control that.  But if you do go, be aware that people might be stealing the toilet paper out of the convention center bathrooms.  The sheer insanity of people hoarding TP is mind boggling.  :screwy: 

It’s not looking good for me right now. I went to the last 4 or 5 in SF and all the SO CA shows. 

I go primarily to buy GA comics. I know Terry O’Neil, A-1, Bedrock City and a couple smaller dealers I like won’t be there. Maybe two or three sellers I might buy from.

I was hoping to meet Alan Bellman but no longer see him on the guest list. With all that is going on I would hardly blame a man of his age to travel cross country for this.

That leaves dropping some books off at CGC (if they don’t cancel).

I just don’t see a lot of upside for me. And, given the possible health risks, I might very sadly pass this year. Kills me but it makes more sense to maybe skip this one. Heck, a month from now they might cancel it anyway. 

Was a bad choice of dates anyway. 

Hopefully, Torpedo Show in July...

5 minutes ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

This event could be impacted by the Governor's recent announcement to ban all non-essential gatherings of over 250 people. That would apply here. That is through the end of March but I suspect it will be extended if the virus transmission doesn't cease.

If you haven't already bought tickets and/or booked hotels...I wouldn't.  California has proven to be among the MOST cautious of states with relation to actions taken as a result of the virus.  I don't think there's anything to indicate that would change by April.

BUT if you've already bought your con tickets, this might be a good time to lock in some LOW RATES at hotels (obviously make sure they're refundable). 

1 hour ago, revat said:

If you haven't already bought tickets and/or booked hotels...I wouldn't.  California has proven to be among the MOST cautious of states with relation to actions taken as a result of the virus.  I don't think there's anything to indicate that would change by April.

BUT if you've already bought your con tickets, this might be a good time to lock in some LOW RATES at hotels (obviously make sure they're refundable). 

I have NO doubt this show will be canceled or postponed. Watching a news conference in LA. Everything is shut down now even the flea market I’ve gone to for 30 years without a closing. Make your mind up to it and move ahead. 

Hell, spring training is now canceled. This is serious folks. 

16 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Not surprised. To be honest, it was a lousy weekend for a show anyway. Wasn’t going to be much for me this time. If all these shows are “postponed” at one time or another, we are going to pounded with them.

This April we will set up for the first time at the Comic Book Hideout Comic store, Fullerton, CA.

This event is planned for a Tuesday and a Wednesday during store hours.

We will be able to bring any item from our inventory as we have a warehouse close by.

I Wonder Con  : April 7 -8th at the Comic Book Hideout, Fullerton, CA. Alternative to the now postponed WonderCon!

I have over 50,000 comics in inventory at http://terryscomics.com/

my newest catalog is available on-line https://terryscomics.com/catalog_2020.asp

I will only have a few boxes of my inventory at this store event, so please give me requests.

Best Regards                            
                Terry O'Neill                                 
                   Terry's Comics

3 hours ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

I wish they would take this show back up to San Francisco. It was more fun taking a day trip up there and the dealer mix was not just a repeat of San Diego including all the non-comics vendors. I know I am dreaming but I can dream can't I!

I totally agree, but I'm biased because I live up here. :smile:

I heard a few dealers say they would consider setting up at Wondercon if it moved back to San Francisco though...

44 minutes ago, silverseeker said:

I totally agree, but I'm biased because I live up here. :smile:

I heard a few dealers say they would consider setting up at Wondercon if it moved back to San Francisco though...

There are loads of dealers that do the Anahiem show. Several big out of state dealers. Problem is, at least 4 I know of wern't going to set up due to Easter weekend anyway. Now, no one is settings up...