• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bubbles inside of the cgc case :(

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I just bought my first cgc comic. It's awesome and I plan on buying more. Sadly there are some air bubbles inside of the slab. near the middle. Are there any methods of getting the air bubbles out? I tried squishing the air to the side but it's not working. Any ideas?

Known as Newton Rings, they are the bane of the CGC slabbing process. Or one of them at least. Many threads on the subject, here's a meaty one:

Depending on the style of the slab, you may be able to insert a piece of paper through the sides of the slab to separate the two plastics.

Edited by Dick Pontoon

CGC evidently uses Newton Rings as an additional authentication method. They are like holograms. When you see a book with Newton Rings, you know it's an authentic  CGC product. The rest of the industry is sadly lacking in Newton Ring technology.

1 minute ago, shadroch said:

CGC evidently uses Newton Rings as an additional authentication method. They are like holograms. When you see a book with Newton Rings, you know it's an authentic  CGC product. The rest of the industry is sadly lacking in Newton Ring technology.

Early entry for Post of the Year.

:roflmao: